Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was a good hunt. Lots of snow. We hunted at 7500' and a foot of snow. Never bow hunted for elk with that much snow. We saw a decent amount of elk. Had several opportunities at Bulls. One was a 300" class heard bull my buddy missed at 34yards. He was too cold and frozen. Could not draw his bow.
    With the snow on the ground we did see just how many bears were amongst us as well as all the wolves. Here is a Griz we came across.
    Lots of wolf sign. Heard them but did not see one. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	20661

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 238 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepDog View Post
    It was a good hunt. Lots of snow. We hunted at 7500' and a foot of snow. Never bow hunted for elk with that much snow. We saw a decent amount of elk. Had several opportunities at Bulls. One was a 300" class heard bull my buddy missed at 34yards. He was too cold and frozen. Could not draw his bow.
    With the snow on the ground we did see just how many bears were amongst us as well as all the wolves. Here is a Griz we came across.
    Lots of wolf sign. Heard them but did not see one. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	20661
    That much snow in September? Could make things very interesting. Thanks for the info.
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge react pro 7 pin sight, qad hdx rest, axion 4 in stabilizer, 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, rocket hammerhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Hate to tell you but that's not a grizzly track, that's the hind foot of a big black bear.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Believe you me this was Griz track. We saw 4-1 black bear vs. Griz. There is NO mistaking a black bear track for a Griz. There are Griz in that country and don't be fooled if you have not seen them. That snow opened my eyes on how many. This was not the only Griz track we came across. When you see them making the track, it's a no brainier.
    Carry spray or a pistol if not both. Most important be aware and cautious! Hunt in pairs and never alone. "Most bear attacks" are when people are by themselves. Just like the elk, "safety in numbers". Enough on the Bruins....
    Monument and Wigwam fires seem to be smoldering. Any reports on elk bugling/success up that way. Curious on what the fire activity may have pushed or concentrated the wildlife where?
    Glad no homes or structures lost in the fires. I'm headed out a week from now and totally jacked to feel the 8000' burn in my lungs!
    God bless those mountains ands thank you for the adventure.
    If anyone knows of forest closures or fire activity please give shout out. I have been watching inceweb as well.
    Pick a spot and shoot honest.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 4 Posts

Yes, fire updates would be awesome. We’ll be heading out on rifle opener.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12