Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: jocularity

Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 834 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 225 Times in 53 Posts
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 834 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 225 Times in 53 Posts
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 797 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 43 Posts
    Bob and his three golf buddies were out playing and were just starting on the back nine when Bob paused, looked down the fairway and began to sob uncontrollably.

The other three gathered around him and asked: "What's wrong?"

Bob looked down at his feet, sniffed and dried his eyes some, then apologized for his emotional outburst. "Im sorry, I always get emotional at this hole - it holds very difficult memories for me."

One of his buddies asked, "What happened? What could have gotten you so upset?"

Bob stared silently off in the distance, then said in a low voice, "This is where my wife and I were playing 12 years ago when she suddenly died of a heart attack; right at this very hole."

"Oh my God", the other golfers said. "That must have been horrible!"

"Horrible?! You think it`s horrible?" Bob continued still very distressed. "It was worse than that! Every hole for the rest of the day, all the way back to the clubhouse it was hit the ball, drag Alice, hit the ball, drag Alice..."
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The fisherman replied that it only took a little while. The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish. The fisherman said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life, se?or."

The American scoffed. "I am a Wharton MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then L.A., and eventually New York City, where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The fisherman asked, "But how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "Fifteen or 20 years."

"But what then?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions."

"Millions? Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your friends."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Why are redneck murders the hardest to solve?
    All the DNA matches and there's no dental records.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft. Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,"Are there any gators around here?!"

"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain't been around for years!"

"Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore.

About halfway there he asked the guy,"How'd you get rid of the gators?"

"We didn't do nothin'," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got 'em.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Finding one of her students making faces at others on the playground,
    Ms. Jones stopped to gently reprimand the child. Smiling sweetly, the Sunday school teacher said, "Johnny, when I was a little girl, I was told if that I made ugly faces, it would freeze and I would stay like that."
    Little Johnny looked up and replied, "Well, Ms Jones, you can't say you weren't warned."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The young bride on their wedding night demanded
    $20 for their first love-making encounter. In his highly aroused state, he readily agreed. This scenario was repeated each time they made love for the next 30 years, him thinking it was a cute way for her to buy new clothes, etc. Arriving home around noon one day, she found her husband in a very drunken state. Over the next few minutes she heard of the ravages of financial ruin caused by corporate down sizing and it's effects on a 50 year old executive. Calmly, she handed him a bank book showing deposits and interest for 12 years totaling nearly $1 million dollars. Pointing across the parking lot she gestured toward the local bank while handing him stock certificates worth nearly $2 million dollars and informing him that he was the largest stockholder in the bank. She told him that for 30 years she had charged him each time they had sex, and this was the result of her investments. By now he was distraught and beating his head against the side of the car. She asked him why the disappointment at such good news and he replied, "If I had known what you were doing, I would have given you all of my business!"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    welp the dems took the house. now we can return to civility, knuckle down and get things accomplished.

Thanks
    Congratulations

While teaching a class, a teacher trying to teach good manners asked her students the following question:
    "Michael, if you were on a date having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?"
    Michael said: "Just a minute I have to go pee."
    The teacher responded by saying: "That would be rude and impolite. What about you Sherman, how would you say it?"
    Sherman said: "I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back."
    "That’s better, but it’s still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the dinner table. And you, little Johnny, can you use your brain for once and show us your good manners?"
    Johnny said: "I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, who I hope to introduce you to after dinner."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast