Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ruptured mine on July 13. Had a guided Hunt scheduled for early November in Utah. Physical therapist worked me hard so I could make the hunt. Not easy to get cardio in, but you will be amazed at what you can actually do in the boot. My advice would be to let the Dr and therapist know what your goals are, and don't go beyond their recommendations. You should be fine come hunting season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jjsbucks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I look forward to seeing how fast physical therapy can go while staying safe with it. I had knee surgery my senior year of high school and recovered pretty quick so I could get back to sports. I was planning on using points for elk and deer this year but now I'm going to let it ride and stick to our otc unit instead. My goal for recovery is to hike a 14er labor day weekend, that gives me 6 months, and I'm determined to get it done.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck with your rehab as well CC! I have a few weeks until PT and can't wait to get started so I can get it over with!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wapiti_Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That should be an obtainable goal for labor day. Just be sure of your step. As you probably know, it's that sudden push off that does it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jjsbucks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 18 Posts
    I ruptured my Achilles about 12 years ago playing softball also. I hunted that fall but I made sure to wear good leather boots and had them laced nice and tight to help support my ankle. I also took it easy hunting, but it worked out for me. I haven't had any problems with it since.

I just had a torn meniscus in my left knee operated on in April and the in August I had a partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder fixed. I'm still doing PT for the shoulder. I missed all of hunting season last fall! Not one day out in the field!! I'm looking forward to spring bear though and next falls hunts. It will be year 39 for me for applying for moose and sheep in Montana and by golly I think it's my year to draw!!
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 8 Posts
    Broken right wrist and thumb from ice hockey during my college days ( preseason practice of all things ). Didn't get to bow hunt that year but made it for rifle deer with a modified cast. In your case I would think swimming would be your best choice. Hydrotherapy is very very good. Heal up!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Catahoula12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 505 Times in 131 Posts
    My shoulder is doing great! No pain and gains in range of motion and strength every day.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

13. The Following User Says Congratulations to Colorado Cowboy For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My pain from surgery is long gone, just a couple more weeks without pressure on it, then I can begin PT. Getting pretty good on crutches and am ready to hike as soon as possible!

Catahoula I'm looking to do a lot of swimming for rehab and whatever the therapist advises, honestly I can't wait to feel like I can do whatever I want again, the couch gets pretty boring haha.

6mm I tore my meniscus in my left knee as well! Had surgery on it my senior year of high school and therapy was quick and easy, although i realize I was only 18!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 70 Times in 12 Posts
    I had an ACL tear repair in my right knee last June. They also found advanced arthritis in the knee when they did the scope. I had an early rifle Elk hunt in Colorado that took 24 pts to draw! I was stressed all summer wondering if I should return the tag before the 30 day deadline. I rehabbed and wore a brace for the hunt along with an NSAID daily. Lubricant injection after the hunt has not helped completely. Knee replacement in the near future. About four weeks ago my left knee popped while at the gym and I could not put any weight on it. Was on crutches for 4 days. MRI did not show a major tear but severe sprain to the ACL and MCL and deformities in the meniscus. Doing PT now. May still need to have the knee scoped. Have turkey hunts in Oregon, Colorado and here in California over the next two months. Did ok opening weekend here wearing braces on both knees. I understand your pain. At least you are younger, closing in on 64 and slower to recover from everything. Sprains, strains, hangovers, exercise, etc.

Thanks
    Congratulations

I had an appointment today, I'm allowed to put pressure on my foot and hopefully be done with crutches in the next few days!Time for a lot use with the walking boot!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast