Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slams Anyone?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swampokie View Post
    Valle Vidal?
    Shhhhhh, its a secret. Nobody knows about that place.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 8 Posts
    I drew it in 2010 the first time I put in. It has got much harder to draw now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Why is Colorado waiting till after lunch to post its turkey draw info? These state workers are interfering with me getting rid of some vacation time.

They are in the office talking amongst themselves right now: If we wait till 5 minutes before quitting time to post this, we won't have to answer any calls till in the morning wanting to know why didn't my app get picked.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Well, the weather made hunting difficult for me in the southeast this year. A front came through while we where in Florida, and dumped some rain and shut down the gobbling activity. I did see several birds and got set up on a few, but just couldn't get them to come into shotgun range. Had a good time on a public land hunt, though.

While hunting at home in Louisiana, I never heard a gobble the entire season and never saw a bird. Had trail camera's out for over a month and got pictures of one hen. The places I hunt that usually has birds was just devoid of any kind of turkey activity. Pretty depressing season.

Made up for it in Nebraska though. The wife and I killed four longbeards in a 1/2 day of hunting. It wasn't turkey hunting, just turkey killing, and it was lots of fun after the many hours of sitting in a pine thicket back home hearing/seeing/shooting nothing. They were all big nice mature birds also. We finished hunting so soon, we had plenty of time to check out some sites on the way home. Had a great trip up there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234