Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 257 Weatherby

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 106 Times in 20 Posts

257 Weatherby

Is becoming my favorite deer size game clambering .Shooting 100 grain Barnes TTSX at 3600 + fps seems to be a killer.From 70yards to 650yards it has done a impressive job so far.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    I love my 257 weatherby. Use it for antelope and deer ever since I got it. Some times take a different rifle with just to use them. I Shoot the 110 accubonds tho. Had got some Barnes ttsx for it I like them out of my 338 win mag.
    Started to work up a load but the shooting range closed And the only other one I know of is 80-90 miles away so just stuck with the accubonds. They haven't gave me a reason to switch just gets hard to find them at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 4 Posts
    It is a great caliber been using mine more and more.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 8 Posts
    Oh man! I love my 257wby mag. My favorite deer sized caliber, I also wouldn't hesitate taking an elk with my 110gr accubonds.

A couple of my buddies used to shoot 7mm rem mags and I have now converted them to the 257wby

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,254 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 778 Times in 131 Posts
    I have one myself but I don't shoot it. It was given to my by my uncle that passed away so it more sentimental to me then anything. I've heard a lot about how well they shoot too. I was going to use it as an antelope gun but when he passed I wanted to keep them in good condition so in the safe it went.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 229 Times in 46 Posts
    The wife has one that is just a great caliber. 120 Nosler partitions do the trick on every mule deer and elk I have seen shot with it. Got my cow at 536 yds this year with is one shot dropped her in her tracks. My wife shot a 350"+ bull with it last year and he went maybe 30 yds after 2 well places shots.

Yea I am loving the .257 "bee" we have.

Michigan's Upper Penninsula. South central in Delta Count bordering Menominee County.
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 4 Posts
    It's a great chambering. I had one at one time and in a moment of weakness I let it go. My son grew up using it on antelope and thought it was magical. Just aim at whatever distance, shoot and a dead pronghorn.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts
    There are a lot of posts here several years old about the .257 Wby. I had one and it shot great. I worked a long time to develop handloads for it. Weatherby's are a little difficult to work up handloads that shoot better than the factory stuff. Took me around a year for my .300 Wby. I really can't justify spending up to 4 or 5 bucks a shot for the factory stuff, I like to shoot too much!

Anyway, I've shot a .25-06 for over 40 years and my handloads are within 150 fsp of the Wbys. So one of my buddies offered me a price I couldn't refuse and he shoots it now.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post

Anyway, I've shot a .25-06 for over 40 years and my handloads are within 150 fsp of the Wbys. So one of my buddies offered me a price I couldn't refuse and he shoots it now.
    One gun I will never sell is my 25-06. Your nuts CC!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 194 Times in 42 Posts

Great caliber and great med sized game rifle, extremely flat shooter and one of a very few cartridges you can set for a point black range of 320 yards and over. It sends the specified 100-120 grain bullets downrange really well and although overbore, with proper barrell care, I dont think its an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast