Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 8 Posts

Good news today my buddy is booking hunt with me!! We gonna drive up together! Anybody got any ideas on something else we could throw in the hunt between iowa and Alberta? Thought about fishing somewhere or an antelope on the way back. A bear in Alberta would be cool but not this time for budget.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Seen last night in another thread there's salmon fishing in Idaho. I'm kinda clueless to the fishing in the west and species.
    I would love to find out about a place between TN and grand prairie Alberta Canada to catch salmon. Even trout would be OK but rather salmon if its very good fishing.
    Is there anywhere in Alberta, Montana, idaho, wyoming, or Dakotas that you can catch a lot of salmon or trout to feel a cooler in couple days??
    Dates be around Aug 20-sept3

Last edited by grant_stricklin; 02-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 32 Posts
    There is excellent retention salmon and steelhead fishing in the great lakes and rivers emptying into them in a number of areas. There are trout fisheries closer to TN than that, White River in AR is one I believe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim McCoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Big tine adventures is worst outfitter I've ever hunted with! Definitely not bow hunters! If you wanna ride in truck and shoot muley with gun that's there style. Still didn't see bucks so you couldn't do that! Has less than 20% farm ground and only seen two possible shooters out of four hunters riding in truck 6 days. I only saw one of the so called shooters 150s buck and missed him. Lack of professionalism all the way around! I have totally diffrent Opinion on Canada from my experience as the owner made fun of every American hunting show and our way of hunting. Guess road hunting is the ticket up there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 118 Times in 24 Posts
    There may be some truth to that Grant. Here's one that may just be one of those "rumors" that somebody heard from somebody's brother's sister's cousin's, mother-in-law who knew somebody, BUT my source was in reference to the world record Hanson whitetail shot in Sask. a few years ago. Two from my deer camp goose/duck hunt yearly with a neighbor of Hanson's, and was told by the outfitter that buck was chased down in a pickup truck. A lot of money was made on that buck...hope I don't get sued.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well I know for a fact that's way this outfitter hunts. I know most everybody I've talked to says that's way most hunt in Canada.
    Wouldn't surprise me on Hanson buck either. These guys are over run with American clients paying 6-15k for muley or whitetail combos. There's no info on most the outfitters up there like this one. No website just Facebook and TV shows showing the good sides. Hope word gets out and nobody gets burnt like we did. After talking to several outfitters and other guides they say same about this place. He puts his repeat clients on beat bear baits and guides them himself for big tips. Sticks the guides on worst baits with new hunters. He's all about the money man. That's all he talked about run them thru and get a new group. Bragging how he only worked 6 weeks deer season then month or whatever of bear. You figure that up 40 hunts a year ranging 6-13k average 8k no land leases all permission based hunting in Canada. Mind you there tags are 10-30k each but an investment to sale when retires so pure profit except guides and bait no over head hardly. Maybe 10% over head cost clearing 250k profit easy I have no sympathy for him or any outfitter who half ass there job promising the world. Jim burnswurth should be ashamed to build him up on outdoor channel.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Which he's so greedy he cancelled burnswurth hunt so he could make that extra money. Actually had to work for it when he's in camp I'm sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    You never know how the border crossing will go. A couple of hints. Don't try to sneak anything in. Read and follow your rulebook. Make sure you trust your buddy. They will ask about any crimes you have been arrested for including drunk driving. Bring some cash.... not to bribe with but to show them you aren't going up and become destitute. You will be better off buying booze and smokes up there it will cost more but you don't want to be suspected of smuggling. And don't be a wise ass.

That being said you will do fine here in the east we run into lots of folks who speak French but there aren't many out west. Every one in the world needs food sleep and toilet. Its easy to find those. Remember they use the metric system so watch your speed. 30 mph is 50 kmh. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Be cool follow the laws and you will be fine. Have a good hunt

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 80 Times in 25 Posts
    My Dad went up to Alberta in 2012 on a early season whitetail/muley combo archery hunt. The outfitter was Lee Mcnary at Alberta River Valley Lodge. The guy's been on tv a lot, and supposedly has a good reputation. Not an animal killed among 7 hunters for the week. My Dad is the only hunter to have an opportunity at a good muley, and no whitetail over 120" were seen. I know the outfitter can't make the animals cooperate, but 7 hunters at 5-7 grand apiece ought to be able to kill a couple trophies. The point is I think most of the Canadian outfitters are going for a cash grab. Then they put celebrity hunters in the good spots.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 283 Times in 65 Posts

Make sure your passport is signed and dont take a passport picture looking like Jesus then roll up with a different haircut and Oakleys on....

Pull into #2 for a random inspection sir....

Ya..been there done that. Oh the friends a man chooses....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234