Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
PT started adding resistance bands to my exercise said im coming along good strength wise just need to get tension out of my outer side of leg on the calf and were my it band and quad meet. Going to start back into lifting upper body and biking on the stationary when I can next few weeks are busy with my week of bear hunting and follow that up with a UP fishing trip with my dad and brother to the same resort as last year

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Well, got in another back and Bicep workout. I am working on upping the step count and intensity at the gym. The ankle is holding up good, only tender in a few spots and all but one bump of swelling is gone. The prescribed 3 weeks of recovery seems to be just about right and i was religious about ice and rest the first two weeks. Hoping the pattern holds.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Lots of loaded lunges and stepups yesterday in a Heavy Pack 2.0 workout. Today was full body strength training. Started with some mobility work to warm up. Then ass to grass lunges, rack pulls 5x5 - 325#, bench, pullups.... Tomorrow will be Knees Over Toes stuff as a flush day. Friday will be another HP20.

Next week, we'll keep rolling with the same through Thursday. Friday morning we'll get up early and head northwest to see if we can get into some elk Saturday and following.

Reactions: ScottR

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I don't usually plug stuff, but I'm gonna plug MtnTough+. These folks are putting out the best fitness stuff I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Their app subscription service is worth every last penny to me. They are lots of workout routines that you can choose from (adding more all the time), and now they're adding a rehab program as well as a mobility program that you can do as needed or on a regular basis before/after your regular workouts. They're also about to roll out a daily workout deal that will give you a new workout every day going forward.

If you sign up with this link, I get a free month. Or you can just go to their website and skip my referral. Either way, if you're looking for some new fitness programming you really should give these folks a look. I'm beyond impressed and pleased with their stuff.

Reactions: ScottR

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I don't usually plug stuff, but I'm gonna plug MtnTough+. These folks are putting out the best fitness stuff I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Their app subscription service is worth every last penny to me. They are lots of workout routines that you can choose from (adding more all the time), and now they're adding a rehab program as well as a mobility program that you can do as needed or on a regular basis before/after your regular workouts. They're also about to roll out a daily workout deal that will give you a new workout every day going forward.

If you sign up with this link, I get a free month. Or you can just go to their website and skip my referral. Either way, if you're looking for some new fitness programming you really should give these folks a look. I'm beyond impressed and pleased with their stuff.

I agree, they do some great stuff!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I use a lot of MTN OPS products love there enduro and ignite and the protien bars are great. Love the training gear also. And some of the supplements

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Finally been able to walk with out my brace and mostly pains gone. Just working with pt on strength and relaxing my calf muscle where the hamstring and IT band meet

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, back and biceps yesterday and Chest the day before.

My legs are still sore from my deer hunt, but will be back at it again soon. I might hit legs light with kettlebell swings tomorrow morning.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I've taken the last couple days off after getting home from our elk hunt last week. I'll say that we were not limited at all in what we could do on our hunt. Our preparation and conditioning all summer was spot on. We covered 4-10 miles/day with 30# packs up and down hills with no problems at all. Day 1 the altitude difference was noticeable. We huffed and puffed more than normal, but were still able to go all day. By day 3 we didn't notice the altitude at all. We were only at 7,000', so I'm sure it would have been a little more of an issue had we been at timberline. But our leg and lung strength was as good as I've ever had going in to a hunt.

We plan to dive back in to similar routines of MtnTough, weight lifting, and a little Knees Over Toes stuff mixed together.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Physical therapy has increased my exercises and are starting to allow me to do more things as I've gained more more strength back in my knee. I've started doing the elliptical for 5 to 7 minutes at a time once per day. That doesn't seem to be bugging my knee so that's a good sign

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Well finally tried a run today only a mile felt pretty good after being sidelined since end of May with my knee issues. Definitely felt out of shape lol. Walked a mile and a half after as a cool down seemed to keep things loose.

Screenshot_20221003-174106_MapMyRun.jpg

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Back and biceps this morning. Was a pretty good workout and it felt good to go heavy again after doing high reps, low weight for the last while.