Heading For Africa

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, I have the first and shortest leg over with on my way to South Africa. I drove down to Denver today and will hop on a plane to Dallas on Tuesday. Then on to Doha Cuttar and then to Johnsburg South Africa and a short hop down Port Elizabeth where we will be met at the airport by our professional hunter for the ride out to the outfitters game reserve of 200,000+ acres.

It'll take some time through airports but we will be there on Thursday afternoon and begin some serious hunting on Friday.

I have no idea of how good the internet is at the lodge but I'll try to keep all of you updated each night...just as a FYI well be 8 hours ahead of you.

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Safe travels and good luck! Look forward to hearing how your trip goes. I have one scheduled in two years to Port Elizabeth and really looking forward to it.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
That's a great looking bunch of critters, especially for a couple days! Congrats and I'm looking forward to more pics :). Africa is on my short list of adventures to experience.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Great that is three of the ones I would like to shoot. I can't remember did you take your own rifle or renting one? Enjoy while it last and have a safe trip.
I took my own rifle a 340 Weatherby. Getting through Dallas was a joke. The airline didn't even know their own regulations.. But it wasn't bad through Johannesburg in South Africa , just their red tape.