Opening Day? HMMMMM

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Do you guys typically try to get out opening day? OR wait for the to get out the second half of September?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Here in Colorado I ignored opening day on the bow hunts. It starts just before Labor Day and I refuse to be out in the hills with all the other idiots. I would usually wait until the last week of the hunt near the end of September. Then you may have some snow to contend with but most of the hills were empty of hunters and it was a great time to hunt.

Now Utah is a little bit different, their season started last weekend and while there are a lot of arrow shooters you don't have to contend with the weekend campers. But even there I would wait and go out in the middle of the week.

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Here in Colorado I ignored opening day on the bow hunts. It starts just before Labor Day and I refuse to be out in the hills with all the other idiots. I would usually wait until the last week of the hunt near the end of September. Then you may have some snow to contend with but most of the hills were empty of hunters and it was a great time to hunt.

Now Utah is a little bit different, their season started last weekend and while there are a lot of arrow shooters you don't have to contend with the weekend campers. But even there I would wait and go out in the middle of the week.
We are on the same page! I hate wading through the people....

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
I don't wait until the second half of September, because our seasons are over by then;), but I did skip opening day last weekend. I haven't done that very many times though. I hope to get out tomorrow for the first time this season. I rarely attempt to hunt on Labor Day weekend.

Reactions: lukew