Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still hitting the gym 4 days per week and running 5 days. I've also been doing a long bike ride about once every week or so as I got a new sweet gravel bike (Giant Advance Revolt 0)
I've done several 50+ milers with the longest being 80mi. I plan to bike from Pitt to DC in early July. Will be about 400mi in 4 days.

Summer Goal this year; I hit abdominals about 5 days per week in some fashion. My new go-to has been hanging inverted from a bar by my ankles and doing sit-up with 35lb plate. I'm up to 4 sets of 10 at this weight.
I've slowly been cutting weight (180) and have dropped about 3lb and have achieved the split down my abs. Been working hard on this. Not bad at 47 yrs young. ;)

Keep up all the great work guys. Do it for your health, do it for your family, not only just prior to hunting season.
Specimen!

Reactions: marcusvdk

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Back at it this morning after the "long weekend" :mad:.

30 minute ruck w/75 lbs. of sand... hit 2 miles on the nose in 30 minutes, even stopping for the dog to poop. KB HIIT for lunch - 15 minutes.

Push day tomorrow - w/Stairmaster HIIT

Thursday = 30 min. ruck followed by 15 minute backpack HIIT

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Mowed and started set up for garage sale this weekend as its the community wide sale in town

Lifted: back, triceps, shrugs

Also ran for National Running Day34715

Reactions: THelms

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Sunday was finishing day of the garage sale so packing up and moving stuff around was also 91 degrees hit as all get out. Also worked onngetting our pool set up will be nice to go for a dip after after runs this summer

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I can only agree with parts of this plan. Honestly, I'd try another approach. Just a few things I don't like. Not saying you won't get some results, but I don't fully agree with the methodology as most other folks don't either.
A buddy and I were talking about doing it together. I'll keep you guys posted on it and thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Bonecollector

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I did a ride on saturday that hurt at 32 and still hurts at 52. it is only 20 miles and 4000 vert. you are either climbing or descending. 75% of it is singletrack. The good news, is that, the ride didn't hurt anymore than last year. I use this ride to gauge fitness. Heading to Butte in a couple of weeks for some high elevation singletrack. Just wierd terrain there, no under growth, and very sandy terrain.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I did a ride on saturday that hurt at 32 and still hurts at 52. it is only 20 miles and 4000 vert. you are either climbing or descending. 75% of it is singletrack. The good news, is that, the ride didn't hurt anymore than last year. I use this ride to gauge fitness. Heading to Butte in a couple of weeks for some high elevation singletrack. Just wierd terrain there, no under growth, and very sandy terrain.
Good for you!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Nothing too buff to report, but I added a 20# pack to my daily walk, and it didn't slow me down any. (3.4 miles in 58 min.) I know that I am getting in trail shape when I have to supress the urge to start running again. I have a 9 day canoe trip coming up in a couple weeks and don't want the crew that I'm guiding to have to carry me out. So far so good,