2021 Fishing

Jdd2035

Sep 12, 2016
You know what, you are correct. I should have known better. Where I was fishing is more famous for the amount of browns than for rainbows cause they dont actively stock it.

Last edited:

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I've taken the last 5 or so years off from ice fishing matter of fact, most all local fishing in Wyoming. Annual trip to AK sort of tough to compare to.

But, decided to start again this year and went out maybe a dozen days, usually only a few hours at a time. Did really well.

Caught some jumbo perch:

Mixed bag:

Good numbers of 20-23 inch cutthroat, released a majority but kept a couple that were hooked hard:

A few for the smoker:

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Nice catches . I just got a pair of waders and wader boats for my birthday. Planning to try out trout fishing when the season opens up here in michigan. Have a buddy of mine that loves to eat trout

Reactions: BuzzH

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I haven't been out since march. We really had screwed up weather during April, cold and rain almost every day. As of late i've been working on my ex-wife's house getting it ready for my sons graduation party which is is Sunday 5/31. Hopefully its not too late for some bluegill action.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusvdk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
We only caught 18 crappie last weekend. Somehow we missed the spawn here in GA.

Once that water gets up into the 80's I know how where they move to and we will get on them again.

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
No luck this weekend. The temps were crazy. Saturday was to choppy. And it was 32-34 at night with highs in the 60s we were hiting the bass dang near and they wouldnt bite. Come up and look at baits but nothing. Kid had fun though

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Hopin to get up in the high country lakes soon. Snow seems to be melting about 15 days ahead of schedule this year. Maybe give it a try next week.
been thinking the same thing. generally it is closed till after the 4th of july here .
not because of to much snow but because the forest service doesn't want anyone up there ever.

the snow at our mtn lakes is gone . it may still be a bit muddy up there but the roads will be dry and dusty within another week or so.

still would be shocked if they open the gates before the weekend of the 4th and it will most likely be the week after because as I said , they don't want anyone up there . if they could pull it off they would never open it up to the public!

Reactions: mallardsx2

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011

Kept about 80 of the biggest bluegill. Caught prob 20 small bass and gills that were thrown back.. Was able to get a gallon of filets. This was Sunday's catch. They are trying to spawn.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I'm kind of bummed looking at this, i won't be spending much time going fishing this summer with the kids. Baby is due end of the month, last one was early...so we are waiting for that to happen.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011

Caught 40 this evening. I had been catching them on their beds in full sun. It got up to 90 today and only picked up a few on the sun beds. Went to the bank that was lined with trees and shaded and caught most of these on a bed I found. I was glad to find the shaded spot; it was hotter than hell today.

Attachments

Last edited: