We need to go back to: Ride Fast and Take Chances

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I just got off of the phone with a phone solcitor, he ended with stay safe, stay healthy.
I came back with we need to :Ride fast and take chances.

I guess when i look back to the 90's and ride fast and take chances was the slogan(mountain biker), life was simpler, funner and way less political.

Now we have stay safe. I have never heard of anything coming out good, staying safe. Why do we want to keep ourselves down?

Anyway just tired of all the stay safe bullshit.

thanks for listening, now i get to go back to more industry woes in my industry. Supply chain issues every day.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I used to always say that if you are not breaking something you are not having fun. Well, at least not breaking bones...

That's the problem now days, everything is built for our safety in mind. Do you remember when they changed from flat boards on swings to those rubber straps where you couldn't bail off of the swing to see just how far you could fly? I also remember jungle gyms or monkey bars on the school playgrounds. They were plain old death traps waiting to happen. Broken teeth, black eyes, and a lot of other mayhem occurred on them. One of my favorite playground items was what we called the giant strider. It consisted of a metal pole that was around 30 feet tall with a disk at the top. Suspended from this disk were a number of chains with two handles about 5 feet off of the ground. The object was to hold onto the handles and start running around in a circle. Then with enough momentum the centrifugal force would take over and you would be able to only touch the ground perhaps once or twice as it swung around. You just had to make sure that you had a good grip or else you would go flying off into the spectators.

Childhood in the 50's and 60's was so much fun.

Reactions: idcwby and RICMIC

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Its certainly a changes world. Sometimes I catch myself giving my daughter hell for doing "something stupid".

Then I think about it and I say to myself "I survived way worse than that".....
Cuaght her getting air in the Pioneer 500 the other day over a water break in the field with her little friend....had to pump the brakes on that a little bit. I'm getting better at letting her find her own way. I just dont want broken bones and massive insurance bills to ensue...
I went to the ER many times when I was a kid....today it would run bankrupt a parent to go to the ER that many times.
Strangely, mostly for getting bitten by dogs...lol

She turned 10 the other day and I swear she knows as more about politics than most adults.
When I was 10 I was likely out of BB's picking some out of the carpet in my room so I could go shoot more birds. Needless to say, I wasn't worried about who was president or what policies were proposed that were potentially attacking my freedoms. I only had to worry about my dad and how pissed off he was on any given day...rinse and repeat...lol

Reactions: idcwby and kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
poor damn kids today don't even know what a bb gun war is.

probly why we have so many snowflakes.

anyone else remember the days when calling a boy susan was an insult???

Reactions: idcwby

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
No but I remember how bad a BB gun stung when your buddy disregarded the "1 pump" rule....

Thank god paintball guns became popular. It was much safer. I have scars from both actually.....

Reactions: idcwby and kidoggy

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
8FCFAEAB-1E64-4E24-9EDD-C7A92E6B642E.jpeg

Why work out when you can live?

Took my kindergartner to this same zone the day after.

Get some..

Reactions: tim