DIY elk euro hanger

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Hey guys, I am trying to organize my garage and get the pile of elk European mounts out of the corner and on the wall. Does anyone have any DIY hanger ideas for getting them up securely? I have a few skull hookers that I hang mounts on In the house but don’t really want to send $60 each to hang a bunch of bulls in the garage. Thanks for any ideas!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
There is a member on here that makes really nice ones that are very reasonable. I have a couple of the deer versions. I'll see if I can find the info.

His name is https://forum.eastmans.com/members/troybackman.10050/

I loved the ones he sent me for deer. If you search for Euro Hangers in the search bar the thread will come up. I think another member or two make them as well.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
There is a member on here that makes really nice ones that are very reasonable. I have a couple of the deer versions. I'll see if I can find the info.

His name is https://forum.eastmans.com/members/troybackman.10050/

I loved the ones he sent me for deer. If you search for Euro Hangers in the search bar the thread will come up. I think another member or two make them as well.
X2
Troys hangers are really cool and reasonably priced.

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks guys. I did come across them in the search. Troybackman, will they hold a big elk? It looks like most of the photos where of deer. I am looking for 5 elk hangers.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
All our brackets are bare mild steel to keep cost down and anybody can run a rattle can if they want them painted i figure. elk hangers are $30 and deer/antelope/bear hangers are $6. plus tax and shipping. If you are interested just send me your mailing address and i will get them going. Also please minimum order of 5 brackets to make it worth the shipping hassle. Paypal or Checks can be mailed to:

Backman Welding
3 industrial blvd
Morris MN 56267

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
All our brackets are bare mild steel to keep cost down and anybody can run a rattle can if they want them painted i figure. elk hangers are $15 and deer/antelope/bear hangers are $5. plus tax and shipping. If you are interested just send me your mailing address and i will get them going. Also please minimum order of 5 brackets to make it worth the shipping hassle. Paypal or Checks can be mailed to:

Backman Welding
3 industrial blvd
Morris MN 56267

Thanks guys.
Post some pics if you can...

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
I just sent a few elk brackets out this week to some forum members. I dont have any pics of them yet so maybe we could talk one of them into posting some elk pics when they get them hung up.

Attachments

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I received my box of deer hangers from Troy today. He had them shipped same day as my paypal payment. Anyone on the fence needs to take advantage of this deal before Troy wises up and charges what these things are worth.