Official Post Padding Thread

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I saw a bicyclist today wearing a road sign yellow colored shirt. 30 years ago I would have nailed him with a beer bottle. I wouldn’t have known he was a bike rider till he tipped over.

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I swear the most of the whitetail have left eastern Ohio....
Tough hunting this year. I've only seen 1 shooter buck thus far.
Good news is it is now snowing and my fall food plots in the middle of nowhere should produce dividends in the coming weeks.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I swear the most of the whitetail have left eastern Ohio....
Tough hunting this year. I've only seen 1 shooter buck thus far.
Good news is it is now snowing and my fall food plots in the middle of nowhere should produce dividends in the coming weeks.
Im with you Bill. I have not seen a dang thing here in Michigan. I have missed 2 weeks of hunt now do to quarantine but just not seeing any deer. On the other hand my friends and then MI social pages have been full of deer. Must be it isnt my year about 4 weeks left only 3 once im done with quarantine. Hopefully can end my bad luck streak. Been several years since i filled a tag.
How ever my brother finally got his first ever deer sunday night was happy for him been hunting years with no deer to show for it ( some his own fault some ours) . He hunted the first several years with a few opportunities but missing. Finally we went to the range with him and finally caught what was happening. He was left eye dominant and was leaning over his shotgun weird cause him to have a few shots miss funny. So we finally got him to shoot lefty to help and he was on good at the range. Then he went on a few year dry spell of seeing deer in out public land spot. Then he decided to upgrade last year to a 450 bushmaster from his slug gun. Last year he started a new job so only got out like 2 days. This year he spent several days with my dad at deer camp and conected on the last night they were going to be there. Very happy for him.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
How many years you wait to pull the tag?! 😜
Random draw, OIL once in a lifetime tag... know anyone that pulls the tag I'm licensed guide #0001 by the state of Wyoming. It's a 14 day fly in, horseback, vertical mountain climb to get into my prime area. Definitely not for the faint of heart. It takes 2 bags of crush aluminum cans for a deposit, plus 4 more bags once you arrive at camp. Meals, lodging, and an unprofessional photographer included.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The look that you have when your group of 6 goes into the draw with 6 points each. Then the next morning your buddy tells you that he "may have forgotten to apply for preference points last year" so he only had 5. But he "thought he had 6"....