My Archery Hitlist (whitetail)

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sad as it is to say, I actually checked my cameras for the first time in a month here in GA and I also have not knocked an arrow yet. Muzzleloader season opens tomorrow (100% rain for the next 2 days) and I am moving my in-laws into their new house and I am putting the finishing touches on my camper (Current living situation for the foreseeable future until lumber prices come down).

2020 is the strangest year of my life. I am homeless living in a camper and I dont have time to hunt deer and its the first archery season I have missed since I started hunting. I haven't fired a gun in three months (Which I find to be extremely weird).

I was able to go elk hunting though and my freezer is loaded to beyond max capacity....lol

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Sad as it is to say, I actually checked my cameras for the first time in a month here in GA and I also have not knocked an arrow yet. Muzzleloader season opens tomorrow (100% rain for the next 2 days) and I am moving my in-laws into their new house and I am putting the finishing touches on my camper (Current living situation for the foreseeable future until lumber prices come down).

2020 is the strangest year of my life. I am homeless living in a camper and I dont have time to hunt deer and its the first archery season I have missed since I started hunting. I haven't fired a gun in three months (Which I find to be extremely weird).

I was able to go elk hunting though and my freezer is loaded to beyond max capacity....lol
Hang in there. Hopefully you have a lengthy archery season so you can get out there.
Semi permanent camper living... I guess you will find out how well you and litt'l woman get along! :)

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Mallards, hang in there man. It’s been a wild year for everybody. I should feel blessed cause I had a baby girl, built a house( before lumber prices went batshit crazy)! But on the other hand, my job turned into a complete shit show and my dad, who is my hunting partner, has pancreatic cancer. With good, there is bad....I just try to take it day by day! The future is unknown, but I’m sure it will all work out.

Reactions: archeranthony

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Well I haven’t got a buck yet. The one smaller 10 in the pics showed up but spooked when I went to open my redneck blind window. Lesson learned for me. I have however shot 3 hogs so I’m doing some good especially for the local farmers. Here is a pic of the boar I took this weekend. He was quartering away that’s why the shot looks far back. Equipment used Mathews Vertix, GoldTip Kinetic pierce platinum and Rage Hypodermic 100gr. I’m shooting 70lbs and this boar was only 15 yards away. My arrow did not pass through so if you haven’t heard it yet, hear it now. Feral hogs are TOUGH animals.

Attachments

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

Got this guy on camera a couple times but man there was a lot of shooting in the area in the first two weeks of the season. I did pass up a couple of bucks so far. Nothing great to speak of.

Both of these pictures were taken early last week when the temps were still cool. Last weekend we did 3 sits and didn't see a deer. Which is kind of unusual. But it was 880 degrees for daytime highs....Heading there Friday afternoon for a sit and sat sun sits.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
In case anyone remembers my post about the buck with the basketballs from a year ago.....this is the same buck. Here is a picture of him in all of his glory...."Hello ladies!" lol

This deer at this point is 6.5 years old. Goes to show you how long it takes for a deer to get "Big" down here....

Reactions: Bonecollector