Daughter holds the biggest buck in the household

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Well it’s official... my daughter has officially past my 25 years of hunting experience. We connected on our number 1 buck we were after and she now holds the biggest buck that will hang in the cave.
Since I am in super proud dad mode, below are some pics as she has grown through the years. The first picture was our first big game hunt together. When I shot that buck, it stood up on its hind legs and tipped over. Of course it had to be dramatic, I had no idea if she was going to burst into tears or what. To my surprise she jumped up and yelled you got him dad!!! And just started running down the mountain. Fast forward 6 years and now it was her turn. Long story short... On her first harvest, I told her congrats, gave her a hug and said this may be the biggest buck you’ll shoot for a while. The next year, I think I said the exact same thing but with a little chuckle. Now this year well... she’s just going to have to believe her old dad this time :)
She has an unbelievable skill set in hunting. One she’s not even aware of. Incredible patience, incredible drive and the ability to get it done when it matters.
Congrats kid.
1898131C-430E-48C4-8B1E-961AB202E3FA.jpeg
5F31C19E-A769-46CF-B449-6A62CF0C1CF8.jpeg
9735487C-D1C9-4CC9-8E0D-5C1385A0EDAE.jpeg
2E916D64-BD76-4515-95B3-AB9FB8FE4F2B.jpeg
041D6EC0-994E-467E-88A4-82F0DFC9A42E.jpeg

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Tell that young lady CONGRATULATIONS!! And CONGRATULATIONS to you too!! Great job teaching her, she had to learn her skills for someone!!

Reactions: Montana

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I will get around to congratulating her eventually , right now I am to busy eating my heart out in envy, :D

cong..... nope just ain't there yet.

Reactions: Montana

hvfd21walker

Dec 18, 2011
Bitteroots
Well it’s official... my daughter has officially past my 25 years of hunting experience. We connected on our number 1 buck we were after and she now holds the biggest buck that will hang in the cave.
Since I am in super proud dad mode, below are some pics as she has grown through the years. The first picture was our first big game hunt together. When I shot that buck, it stood up on its hind legs and tipped over. Of course it had to be dramatic, I had no idea if she was going to burst into tears or what. To my surprise she jumped up and yelled you got him dad!!! And just started running down the mountain. Fast forward 6 years and now it was her turn. Long story short... On her first harvest, I told her congrats, gave her a hug and said this may be the biggest buck you’ll shoot for a while. The next year, I think I said the exact same thing but with a little chuckle. Now this year well... she’s just going to have to believe her old dad this time :)
She has an unbelievable skill set in hunting. One she’s not even aware of. Incredible patience, incredible drive and the ability to get it done when it matters.
Congrats kid.
View attachment 32485
View attachment 32486
View attachment 32487
View attachment 32488
View attachment 32489
Awesome Job Buddy!! She may have all that skill set but don’t forget where she has learned it from!!