Who else is...

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I cleaned a hill yesterday i have not cleaned before on my bike. It hurt and felt good at the same time. Last night, i get woke up with a cramp in a calf. I went straight for the pickle jar. Lots of stretching this morning.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Hunted the last two days with not much luck. Only saw a small flock of 8 grouse that my brother and I approached. He was the only one to get a shot and get one. We walked several trails in the GEMS( grouse enhanced management system) area here that the DNR and RGS have worked on. Weathers been a lot colder then normal and windy which isnt helping. Not seeing much for geese even flying in the sky right now

Tuesday we had a good day fishing at a random lake we pulled off at. We all caught 10-15 perch and my dad caught his first ever walleye. Today's plan is trout fishing and very well know river that Hemingway had written about in his books. We have seen some amazing terrain so far and seen some cool animals

Reactions: archeranthony

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Hunted the last two days with not much luck. Only saw a small flock of 8 grouse that my brother and I approached. He was the only one to get a shot and get one. We walked several trails in the GEMS( grouse enhanced management system) area here that the DNR and RGS have worked on. Weathers been a lot colder then normal and windy which isnt helping. Not seeing much for geese even flying in the sky right now

Tuesday we had a good day fishing at a random lake we pulled off at. We all caught 10-15 perch and my dad caught his first ever walleye. Today's plan is trout fishing and very well know river that Hemingway had written about in his books. We have seen some amazing terrain so far and seen some cool animals
Sound great! Enjoy

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Had a ok day fishing the river it was very beautiful but hard to shore fish definitely need waiters or kayak next time. I caught my first ever brook trout just a little guy 4.5 inches. My dad caught his first one ever very nice 11 inch keeper. We stopped at several spots along the river lost a few baits but it was a great time. He have seen several lighthouses and waterfalls on the trip to many to post and in the Seney wildlife refuge we have seen several beavers, Loons, bald eagles, swans and more that I cant remember.

Reactions: archeranthony

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Nah, it's the other way around. Watching your consistency is beyond admirable, you have made this thread what it is and I am sure that more than a few people have looked at this and been encouraged watching you put in the time and effort you have.
I've been following this thread the last month or so. It has motivated me to get out and get back in shape. Thanks to you all! The worst part here is the heat, I hate using a treadmill inside when there's so much to see outside when running or training with a weighted pack.

Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I've been following this thread the last month or so. It has motivated me to get out and get back in shape. Thanks to you all! The worst part here is the heat, I hate using a treadmill inside when there's so much to see outside when running or training with a weighted pack.
That's what I love about my IFIT on the elliptical I can pic to follow a trainer and they have a screen in it that shows like your running the terrain with them. On my recumbent bike I have it set by my TV in my basement so I can watch hunting shows well I work out to keep me motivated.

There not the same as outside but definitely help beat the bordem of inside workouts

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I do the same thing. If on the hamster wheel, I'll watch hunting shows (mostly diy guys on youtube).
I also pull up some race running video and run 'with the camera person'. It's kinda cool.

Reactions: marcusvdk

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
alabama
I have found first thing in the morning before work, works best for me. as far as trying to fit it in the schedule and weather. Right now, i am running into the opposite things. it is in the 30's in the morning.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Weigh in first time since before my trip
Down 3.2 pounds to 223.2
Got home last night off to work this morning I'll get some pics posted from the lake trout charter at some point this week there on my digital camera

Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Getting caught up around the house slowly. Back on the dog walking routine for my older pup 2 times a day for half mile or so.

Got a small workout in this evening
Recumbent bike 15 mins 4.91 miles

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Friday
15 min elliptical 1.77 miles

Lifting
Shrugs 3x15
Hammer curl 2x15
Lateral raises 2x15