Archery Targets

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
Question for you all: What archery targets are your favorites? I just recently bought the small version of the GlenDel buck....I've wanted one for years. It's working great so far and I love that it has easily replaceable components, not just the core, but most everything on it.

I'm a big fan of Rinehart, too. Block targets are good if you're going with a square target. Matrix is pretty killer as well. Lots of choices...almost too many! Not sure what my next one will be.

Just curious...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have the glendel buck full rut for the backyard. It is 7-8? years old and still working. Outside of that, I really like the standard bag targets. I enjoy taking targets to different locations to shoot. I shoot expandables so I practice with field points the majority of the year.

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
I have the glendel buck full rut for the backyard. It is 7-8? years old and still working. Outside of that, I really like the standard bag targets. I enjoy taking targets to different locations to shoot. I shoot expandables so I practice with field points the majority of the year.
Good to know the GlenDel is long-lasting!

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Ya i have one also. Probably 7 or 8 years old also . I made a base for it and put it on casters so i can move it out of my barn easy. Id buy another 👍

JessTomac

Jan 30, 2019
Montana
My two favorite targets are the GlenDel Buck and the Morrell High Roller.

I have had the GlenDel Buck 3D target for about 6 months and it has held up great in the short time. I have been shooting it almost every day (Field Tips & Broadheads). Also has held up great to the Montana wind, early Spring Rains and now the August sun/heat. The 3D targets have made me a better shooter!

I love the Morrell High Roller target (Red Dice). Shoot it every day (Field Tips & Broadheads) and has held up great. Good to take with you camping or hunting.

I also shoot a couple cheaper block type targets (Only Field Tips). Good for fun, but wear out quicker.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Here's my homemade target butt. It’s made out of old carpet. The dimensions are 40x48. It cost me about $150 in supplies. All the other targets wear out to fast. It stays out all year. The wood is a little beat-up do the last hail storm. Works great!074DF8D1-2175-4535-B2A4-D73C70BA827C.jpeg

Last edited:

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
I use a McKenzie bighorn ram target for my range.....I only shoot broadheads but it still lasts a few years before I replace it.

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Check out the blob targets. Run 100 oer so bucks and trump any target out there. Takes a couple thousand shots before they loosen up to where you can easily pull arrows. They weigh a bunch so keep that in mind. Lookem up.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I use a block target. I prefer to shoot at the side with the smallest diameter targets it helps me hold my groups tighter.