Picked up some land

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I picked up 6 acres in Ca. I know it does suck it’s in Ca but I couldn’t pass this up.
We have deer living on the property, bears by the river and some good fishing.
There is a small creek running through our land and the Feather River is within walking distance.
we bought this for seasonal camping but have decided to put a small cabin on the back portion in the timber to use during the off season that will have heat.
This is a work in progress for sure but we love it. Only a hour from out home we can go anytime. Now we are just waiting for the power to be brought in.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
It was a great place to live in the 40's thru the about 1980. I was born there and lived there until I was 58 and retired to Colorado in 2000. I am a 4th generation Californio. I had a great career there. But it just got to liberal to suit me. Used to be some great hunting and fishing there.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
It was a great place to live in the 40's thru the about 1980. I was born there and lived there until I was 58 and retired to Colorado in 2000. I am a 4th generation Californio. I had a great career there. But it just got to liberal to suit me. Used to be some great hunting and fishing there.
There is still great hunting and fishing in Ca. There is also some great folks that live in Ca. Good people and great country

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
There is still great hunting and fishing in Ca. There is also some great folks that live in Ca. Good people and great country
Not like when I was a youngster. I lived in a suburb of LA (Downey) and we used to drive 1/2 hour to 3/4 hr and hunt deer, quail, pheasants and rabbits. It's all houses and malls now. My Dad killed tons of deer in Malibu where we had 10 acres of land. Fishing in the ocear used to be outstanding too, it's all a no fishing preserve now. I used to dive off the Palos Verdes coast and get lobster and abalone.

Central & northern Cal and the Sierras are still pretty good as long as you get away from the coast and cities. I still will take Colorado any day!:)

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
much of the northern half of the state is beautiful.
my great grandfather was born in michigan bluffs calif in 1881. we went and visited there with him in the late 70s when he was around 98 years old or so and there was a family still there, living in the house he was born in, that remembered his family. they gave us a tour of the area and mines, in an old ww2 jeep. wish I could remember that mans name, as it meant a lot to my great grandfather that he took the time to do that for us. HE was a stand up gent!

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I paid a kings ransom for a 40 acre chunk of land in Georgia a couple year back. Buying land to recreate on is in my opinion one of the best things you can spend your money on. Its not much, but its mine.

I set a Temporary electric pole out there on Saturday. Getting this new house show on the road finally.