Covid-19 Effects on Fall 2020 Hunts

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Lot of stir going around in the last few days about the Virus coming back in full force this fall.

I think there is a good chance that hunts will be cancelled in a bunch of the western states for the fall.

What are you thoughts?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I also think that the hunts will happen but groups of hunters may be smaller or non existence

In my case my hunting partner is 79 years old with a heart condition and I am not a spring chicken anymore at 67. A lot of what we will do will depend on just what the recommendations are for our age group. As it stands now he is isolating at home and has been since the first of March staying away from most of his grandkids and not going shopping. He has one of his daughters do the shopping for him and my sister and they then drop the food off on the front porch. Even the large family get togethers that they usually do have been put on hold this year.

So a lot of it this year will be played by ear and what is happening come this October.

Reactions: mosquito

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
What a mess it will become if states shut borders this fall. A BIG mess. It has me concerned.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I'm going hunting... even if it means a temporary residency switch.

Colorado has average 200 cases a day over the last month. Pretty low per capita.
Wyoming has similar per capita numbers with about 30 new per day.

Unless things get drastically worse, hunts will be allowed. If they do, i still see hunting as a lot safer than the local WalMart during an outbreak so that is my intention to fill my freezer and feed my family.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I think guys that fly to their hunt areas should be worried and should be making backup plans to drive. If my intended hunt area is state land I would make sure plan B has federal lands; I could see state lands being closed but I don't see Trump closing Federal Lands. I don't think seasons will be closed but there may be some disruption for the traveling hunting.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I have a Canadian bear hunt set for Sept but with the new stuff going on I'm almost certain it will be a no go as Canada keeps their boarder closed

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Now I'm glad my bro in AZ didn't draw an elk tag this year.
Arizona is the last place I want to go with the virus running rampant in that state.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Lot of stir going around in the last few days about the Virus coming back in full force this fall.

I think there is a good chance that hunts will be cancelled in a bunch of the western states for the fall.

What are you thoughts?
depends if biden wins ,I suspect we won't hear much about covid in the media anymore. the whole pandemid will just magicaly disappear.if trump wins it will be the end of the world pandemic.

would still rather have trump in office

Reactions: brian.320

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
i hope all will be ok,,ive got a utah hunt,wyoming hunt and a idaho hunt this fall,,,would suck if i had to dodge road blocks at state lines cuzz im going hell or high water.

Reactions: brian.320