Wyoming unit 47 or 50 antelope?

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
I'm wanting to try and draw a doe antelope tag for my daughter and myself in Wyoming this year. I was hoping to see what we drew in Colorado first but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I've never applied for doe before only buck. Which I drew and hunted in 2018. I'm looking for a unit as close to Cheyenne as possible to lessen the drive time from Colorado. The couple units I've come up with that are somewhat close and have decent public land available are units 47 & 50. Couple questions...

I do have a point that I want to retain. If I apply for the type 6 doe/fawn tag that won't use my point correct?

Anyone hunt either of these two units and have any advise/ reccomendations? Any other unit close to Cheyenne I should look at? Most appear to have public access issues.

The draw odds look pretty steep even for doe tags which kinda surprised me. Can you only get 1 doe tag or is there a way to get more than one?

Thanks for any replies...

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
You have until midnight Monday nite. There have been some changes in type 6 tags in the units I usually apply for. We got notified that there would be no NR type 6 tags this year and we would have to make another choice. Never seen this before, I would suggest you call Wyo tomorrow and find out if they are available for those units.

Just sayin....................

Reactions: CoHiCntry

Alpha Male

Feb 28, 2014
New Jersey
You have until midnight Monday nite. There have been some changes in type 6 tags in the units I usually apply for. We got notified that there would be no NR type 6 tags this year and we would have to make another choice. Never seen this before, I would suggest you call Wyo tomorrow and find out if they are available for those units.

Just sayin....................
what units are you refering to cowboy ?

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Hopefully the deer didnt get hurt as bad. Theres a good chance ill draw a deer tag in south central wyoming.

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
I ended up applying for doe tags for both myself and my daughter in unit 50. When filling out the online application it had me choose a quantity, either 1 or 2. Assuming that's for how many tags I wanted? I chose 2 but then you could put in two different unit choices/ codes? Not sure exactly what that's all about? I selected quantity 2 and the same unit for both. Hopefully I did that right.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
I ended up applying for doe tags for both myself and my daughter in unit 50. When filling out the online application it had me choose a quantity, either 1 or 2. Assuming that's for how many tags I wanted? I chose 2 but then you could put in two different unit choices/ codes? Not sure exactly what that's all about? I selected quantity 2 and the same unit for both. Hopefully I did that right.
Good luck on the draw to both ya. You’ll be alright if that’s the area you want, and yes you can get 2 license per person. The 2nd area choice is just like the regular draw if you don’t draw first choice they will look at your 2nd choice see if any tags left over in that area to give out.

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Good luck on the draw to both ya. You’ll be alright if that’s the area you want, and yes you can get 2 license per person. The 2nd area choice is just like the regular draw if you don’t draw first choice they will look at your 2nd choice see if any tags left over in that area to give out.
Makes sense... thanks for the reply.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
No, just got back to Nebraska in time for the tornados. My mom sent me pictures of it all.. pretty big storm, especially for June.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
No, just got back to Nebraska in time for the tornados. My mom sent me pictures of it all.. pretty big storm, especially for June.
I'm on the back side of the storm and there's nothing on the ground here already. Ground is so warm it won't last long, little fawns might have a tough time with it though.

Reactions: Hilltop