Demographics of Eastmans Hunting Forum

BKhunter50

Jan 14, 2017
Canton, Mississippi
52 years old. Spent the first 39 years in the Grand Rapids Michigan area. The last 13 in Mississippi. I'm currently an Engineering Manager at one of the Nissan manufacturing plants. We make Titan and Frontier trucks. Also the Murano and Altima. If my plan comes to fruition, I'll retire when I'm 61. Still hit the gym every day and hunt backcountry elk with my bow every fall with my son. Still loving it - have no plans to stop.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Mid thirties heading for the upper this summer and I dont work for Eastman's.

Instead, I identify as a slave to the oil and gas industry who up until about a month ago was on track to retire by my mid 50's. After checking my retirement funds this morning I may have to work until I am 90 lol

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Turning 45 shortly.... I've lived in 21 states. I grew up in Wyoming but left right after college and moved a lot working for a company. I met a pretty girl from Nebraska in 2001 and have been here since. I'm an airflow engineer that travels the country frequently. I'm mainly designing systems for greenhouses, and large animal facilities but I also work with engine cooling systems and a few other areas where airflow is needed.

Reactions: idcwby

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
When I retired I took all my 401k, company stock and stock market stuff and converted it to muni bonds and CD's.If stuff happened like now and I lost a bunch, I could never earn it back. Luckily I didn't need it to generate income for me to live off of.
Right now if a person had some disposal income they could quite possibly make a killing on the stock market.

On a African hunting forum that I am on there is a whole thread of what stocks people are buying while they are so low.

Reactions: Winchester

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Mid thirties heading for the upper this summer and I dont work for Eastman's.

Instead, I identify as a slave to the oil and gas industry who up until about a month ago was on track to retire by my mid 50's. After checking my retirement funds this morning I may have to work until I am 90 lol
Going to be a wild ride for a little while...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I am 54. I have 3 things that keep me getting up every day.
Hunting
Fishing
Coaching youth basketball.
I have a group of 15 9 to 11 year old girls I have in speed and agility training. I got notified to stop all training last week. It is driving me nuts fishing better pick up pretty quick.
I hear you there. I have coached baseball for 20+ years and this is very challenging for me to not be working with the kids. My current group is playing at the 12u level. I had to stop practices on the 13th. I have coached most of them since they were 3 and 4. The thought of a lost season is really bothering me... but some good fishing would sure help my spirits!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Allmost 64 , In PA. till 21 ,Phoenix ever since. Coulndnt see working in a factory or living on Lake Erie my whole life. Just upped My Eastmans Script today. makes about min. 30 years of getting It..............BOB!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Just turned 32, from holland Michigan area now live around the Lansing area. Went to college for finance focus on investments side. Never got a job in it ended up picking up butchering and meat cutting after being in the restaurant industry and now work for a large retailer. Followed the wifes line of work as a computer programmer out to Lansing area.

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
34 years old and been in southern Michigan for all of it. Work at an oil refinery in Northwest Ohio and I only work 14 days a month so it allows for a lot of hunting time. Last year was my first time out west hunting and ill be going back again this year. My kids are still young so I can only do 1 out west trip a year right now but ill bump that up to twice a year once they're a little older.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
51, and am self employed. i have played hard enough, i feel 71. it is amazing the aches and pains one can have.
I get out of a chair and have to walk huched over for a few steps, than things start cracking and popping and i am off running. not really running, but going fast.

on a side not, pulled over to take a piss on saturday and a pack of wolves crossed on a trail 20 yards from me. Pretty cool to see all 5 go buy single file. Could have shot a couple with a pistol, if i had one or tags on me.