Elk draw

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
I think the draw is this Thursday and wonder if this Covid will have any effect on hunters cancelling their hunt?
Gman

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
My dad is in it with 12 points and I'm with 8 points. Two different units that could go either way with the draw. Counting down the days.

Reactions: gman1

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Double whammy this year with the late draw date and COVID. If I don't catch point creep this year, I don't think I ever will. So either I hunt LQ this year, or probably general next year.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Be interesting to see if the NR elk draw or the NR deer an antelope draw has a bigger swing in applicants. Less time for elk, but more time for deer and antelope tag applicants to over think it, lol. Kind of think the deer and antelope marginal tags take a negative hit, and elk stays the same.

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Negative hit as in fewer applicants or more?
Less applicants. Less people willing to take a $500-1,000 trip on a tag that's hard to fill, in a limited access area. But i'm sure i'l be wrong and everything will be through the roof again.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
What we do know is that MT, NV, CO, all had more applicants than they ever have.

That trend is likely to continue and I would suspect that WY will be no different. I doubt more people pulled their applications than we have new applicants. Meaning...point creep and applicants marches on. I heard more about people modifying their applications due to drawing other States, but most still stayed in the draw.

We'll know on the 21st, but I would be shocked if WY sees any kind of significant change in point requirements or increased drawing odds.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
What we do know is that MT, NV, CO, all had more applicants than they ever have.

That trend is likely to continue and I would suspect that WY will be no different. I doubt more people pulled their applications than we have new applicants. Meaning...point creep and applicants marches on. I heard more about people modifying their applications due to drawing other States, but most still stayed in the draw.

We'll know on the 21st, but I would be shocked if WY sees any kind of significant change in point requirements or increased drawing odds.
Buzzz, I think you may know a thing or two about the unit im hoping my dad draws with his 13 points in special draw.;)