Upgrading the Reloading Bench

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Well that does suck !
So how long will you be stuck over there?
I can only smile while typing this........who the hell knows!!!! :)

They are not even talking about International flights at all. Embassy has repatriation flights going outbound (4 a month) for Americans that wanna get out. I cant leave until I have a relief here to take over. My normal schedule is 35 days on then 35 days CONUS.

Oh well. As long as I'm at camp in September then I'm good. The 10 month cruises in the Navy prepped me pretty well for this. Some others are not dealing with it too well.

Reactions: mallardsx2

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Yeah, I thought you might say something like that.
In the Army we used to say we could do anything less than a year standing on our heads … no big deal.
Good on ya for dealing with it so well.
At least they are paying you well for your additional time.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Many years ago I was in Saudi when they bought F-5 from us. Spent a month or so training their maintenance folks. Absolutely hated it there. My company wanted me to stay for a year (would have been great financially), but I just couldn't see bringing my family there.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I had a chance to do some Land Surveying / Civil Surveying in UAE for 150K/year a while back. I told them I would do it for 300K a year and all expenses paid. They countered at 200K and I turned them down. lol

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Yeah, I thought you might say something like that.
In the Army we used to say we could do anything less than a year standing on our heads … no big deal.
Good on ya for dealing with it so well.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I missed out on going to Iran way back in the late 70's to do cable splicing.

The contract was for 2 years at $80K a year with all living expenses paid living in a compound. But a couple of months before all the sh!7 hit the fan the company canceled all the contracts.