If You Had a Wyoming Commissioner Tag..

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Toss up for me 124 or 56, but think I would lean towards the desert cause of the grumpy ol bears up in the north country!! Cause both can produce the quality of bulls I’d be looking for .

Reactions: Maxhunter

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
The Dunes

Only because it’s so hard to draw and a very unique area to hunt. I’ve seen some nice bulls in there but definitely not the biggest.
But a horseback hunt in the high Country with Griz around would be very exciting too.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
If by some miracle I ended up with a Commissioner tag, I would have to come onto this forum and start asking for advice. I would have no idea which area to pick. The majority of my research is focused on areas that I can draw with 4 to 5 points because I don't want to wait 13+ years to go hunting. It would be an awesome problem to have!

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
unit 22 ferris mts//seen a 7x7 370+ bull on my cow hunt last year.wish i had a bull tag w me.
The Ferris tag can be a tough hunt. There are some big bulls there, but the country is rugged and steep where the bulls are. They can be easier to hunt in the foothills during the rut during the archery season though. Drawing a 22 tag is near impossible, I drew the tag once in 30 years of applying.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
The Ferris tag can be a tough hunt. There are some big bulls there, but the country is rugged and steep where the bulls are. They can be easier to hunt in the foothills during the rut during the archery season though. Drawing a 22 tag is near impossible, I drew the tag once in 30 years of applying.
Most of the good tags are hard to draw and ain’t gonna get no easier.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
the dunes were east of me a little bit//yes top of ferris is rough and steep,,but cow hunt was fun,,when 6x6,s are satelite bulls,,you know your in a good area.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I want to hunt wherever Randy hunted with Buzz. There was a lot of elk to choose from there.

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
I think another appealing way to look at it is, do you want archery season insanity with bulls everywhere? Or a Oct 1 rifle? Or lastly, a late season hunt with the highest chance of a B&C bull. (Park County) We are lucky to have a variety of seasons to choose from!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I think another appealing way to look at it is, do you want archery season insanity with bulls everywhere? Or a Oct 1 rifle? Or lastly, a late season hunt with the highest chance of a B&C bull. (Park County) We are lucky to have a variety of seasons to choose from!
Betting I know what you pick...