Big 3 draw

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Surprised how many have drawn 2 of the 3. Curious if anyone out there has drawn all 3? In the state lottery systems.
I’m pretty sure a guy from Wyoming has, I know he has goat and sheep and 99% sure he has his moose also, all in wyo.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Surprised how many have drawn 2 of the 3. Curious if anyone out there has drawn all 3? In the state lottery systems.
I've actually drawn all three. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I'm getting close to another moose tag. All three species have been taken with a bow. Really want a buffalo tag.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I've drawn moose in both Montana and Wyoming, ewe bighorn in MT (second choice) ram tag in Wyoming, desert sheep in AZ, goat tag in Montana.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
The goat is really hard to draw because it's just luck no points. With odds at less than .50% I was really lucky. The other two I just built up the points and eventually drew. It was a great achievement! I feel very fortunate to have accomplished it.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
The goat is really hard to draw because it's just luck no points. With odds at less than .50% I was really lucky. The other two I just built up the points and eventually drew. It was a great achievement! I feel very fortunate to have accomplished it.
Post up some pics. That’s crazy cool and impressive.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Same to you... I’d love to see some of these pics.
Ewe bighorn from Montana...a long time ago in the glory days of upper Rock Creek:

Moose from Montana, also a long time ago. Applied for a unit with crap odds hoping I wouldn't draw as I had a dall sheep hunt to do. Terrible tag, it didn't start until Nov. 15th access was an issue and bulls dropping antlers was another issue.

Montana mountain goat. The unit I hunted had only issue a total of 5 tags when I drew in 1998. Hunted early passing on a lot of goats, watched the weather and eventually shot this one in early November. The next year I believe the tag numbers jumped from 2 to 6.

Desert sheep in 2012. Spent 14 or so days right before the season scouting rams solo. According the AZGF population estimates, I looked at and found a vast majority of the rams in the unit. About 40 minutes into the season I shot the ram I liked the most:

Wyoming moose in 2015, pretty average area but decided to use my points. Found this bull after looking around a fair bit and was just a little too good to let go. For the unit, a decent bull. It was a fun time with my Dad, Brother and Nephew.

Last year drew WY sheep and without a ton of help from a good friend that knows sheep country as good as anyone alive, this wouldn't have happened. Did 4 separate hunts over 26 days before things came together. Found 62 rams and was as close to a perfect ram hunt as I could have hoped for. Late in the season, great colored cape, 9.5 years old...stalk to just over 100 yards.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Moose only for me, random hopes.
Took a B&C bighorn last fall and have 2 smallish bull moose and 2 cow bison.
I'm out of the sheep game now and goats are not a big priority.
A bull bison and another moose are all I covet now.