Social Distancing - What's Everyone Doing?

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Looks like Nebraska isn’t selling NR turkey permits this year! Social distancing it seems.
It looks like you're right! I just logged in, I have ZERO options to buy anything NR, even a simple one day fishing license.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
The docs on the national news are starting to say there will be a 2nd round of this flu in the fall.
With states pulling NR Spring Turkey Permits ya gotta wonder if Fall NR Big Game Tags will be in jeopardy also.

• Wow
Reactions: AKaviator

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I'm about to shut my computer off and head to my lake house and come home in a year.......I dont turkey hunt Nebraska but I got a feeling this is going to spread like wildfire across all states and I have been waiting to see this start happening.

This is just the beginning.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
That sounds like a pretty good idea.
Like you said … this is just the beginning.
I don't have any out of state NR hunts planned for this fall (for other reasons) … but at the moment I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I never hunt non res anyhow . this may hurt my states money intake ,if they do it here .if so ,so be it.
it won't be forever and good citizens should be willing to sacrifice for the greater good. ;) :D
wonder how many that were all for shelter in place orders are opposed to this.:unsure:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I have no idea if it will happen .. just speculating on a possibility.
If states do begin to restrict Fall NR Big Game Tags it will be one more unfortunate outcome from this pandemic.
I doubt it will happen but always fun to speculate

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have a friend with one. He makes some pretty incredible table tops/bar tops with it. He does it as a side business and only to order. It's convenient to do this as he owns a tree trimming/removal business for his day job so he is never short of material.

Reactions: THelms

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I have an over-abundance of popular on my property. I could literally build 5 houses with what I have. They are super straight with no branches for 50 feet. Most are 25" in diameter as well.

The tornado from the last week helped me get a few big oaks on the ground as well. So I have plenty of material lying around. I have wanted a sawmill for 30 years. Its finally reality. :)