WY 2019 Grizzly Relocation Annual Report

brian.320

Feb 27, 2011
I think the list would maybe shrink a little, but I dont think the livestock killing would change much. I'm all for a hunting season on them it just seems like we cant beat the lib-tards.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I'd be interested in seeing follow-up data on the released bears. Did they return to their original capture areas and continue to cause problems. That has certainly been the case with many Alaskan bears. They are amazing in how far and fast they can travel when going back to their home turf, especially if the food was good.
Awesome animals but they need to be actively managed, not overly protected.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Could more hunting help? Short answer is yes, bears killed in prime feeding areas would open up a feeding spot for the bear that's eating the neighbors cattle before it eats said cattle, and if private landowners allowed some access to shoot known trouble bears do they still get shot, yes, but by a paying licensed hunter that produced revenue.

Unfortunately the G&F is being hamstrung and can't do as they see fit for the proper management of Grizzlies, so we got what we got, and until they have free reins of the management we'll really never know how great their plan will unfold.

Will bears travel back after being relocated? Yes, in almost every case. Dozens and dozens if not hundreds of stores written about this that are readily available all over the internet, some have went several hundreds of miles. Smart critters they are.

Last edited:

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Could more hunting help? Short answer is yes, bears killed in prime feeding areas would open up a feeding spot for the bear that's eating the neighbors cattle before it eats said cattle, and if private landowners allowed some access to shoot known trouble bears do they still get shot, yes, but by a paying licensed hunter that produced revenue.

Unfortunately the G&F is being hamstrung and can't do as they see fit for the proper management of Grizzlies, so we got what we got, and until they have free reins of the management well really never know how great their plan will unfold.

Will bears travel back after being relocated? Yes, in almost every case. Dozens and dozens of not hundreds of stores written about this that are readily available all over the internet, some have went several hundreds of miles. Smart critters they are.
Your post is spot on!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Really no reason to shoot and shut up, the G&F will take care of them legally for any problem bears. I think we need the reports to help with getting the season reinstated.
I agree in think these reports will only help to get the season reinstated in the long run.

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Thanks for sharing. Mormon Creek... umm, I know where I won’t be hunting 😁
After reading the report I see what you mean. It looks like 4 different bears were relocated to Mormon Creek.

Now when the Grizzly hunt is declared legal and for who ever gets lucky to draw a tag then Mormon Creek might be a good place to start that hunt.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Here's the report from the WY Game Fish Dept. As you can see a lot of bears are shot and not relocated.

I wonder if hunting was allowed if this list would be smaller.

When Oregon took dogs away from cat and bear hunters within 3 years the state was killing more animals then the hunters had while hunters killed about the same number that the state had been killing prior to the ban.

Reactions: HuskyMusky

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
No wonder our freaking licenses cost so much. The practically have a damn shuttle bus carting these stupid bears all over gods creation....

They probobly know the drill and when the door to the bus opens they just walk in and take a seat.