Wyo native - New to Forum

WyoKid85

Dec 13, 2019
NC
Just a shout-out to everyone on the forum. As a way of introduction, I grew up in Wyoming hunting everything from rabbits to moose with my Dad and brothers. Left when I went to school and then joined the military. Returned after 15 years when I got married and stayed for 12 years until 2012, then an unfortunate set of circumstances led to a job change and move ...first to Colorado and now North Carolina. I still hunt Wyoming and Colorado when I can and this year I am looking to add New Mexico, Idaho or Montana as possibile places to hunt - Elk and Sheep as a priority with Deer and Antelope as secondary.

I solo hunt 80% of the time mainly because others are understandably busy with work and family, and hunting backcountry or living out of a tent for a week isn't for everyone.

I am definitely not a Randy Newberg or Steve Rinella but hunting (and some fishing) is my only hobby. I've known of Eastman's since I was a kid and have subscribed to their magazine but this is my first time to the forum.

Just wanted to say "howdy" and after some perusing I wanted to give a hearty thanks to the forum contributors as it is nice to know that there are some like minded hunters still around.

Last edited:

WyoKid85

Dec 13, 2019
NC
Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to not only learning from others but also helping others where I can with gear, strategy, experience and stories.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy