Heading For Africa

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Looks like you have had a great time! Accommodations don't stink at all!
The accommodations are 5 star all the way across. The only downfall is their watter supply that comes out of a bore hole or a well to us it has some of the highest metal content that I have ever seen. Everyone uses bottled water or collects rain water for drinking and cooking.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Some like it and some don't. WI went to a ostrich farm 7 years ago I had a steak and a burger and loved it

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
My dad shot a warthog (made a bad hit on it) on his last trip and they tracked it for 300 yards or so where it ran down a hole and the guides said they would go get it out of the hole when it started stinking and not a moment before then lol

They sent him the tusks in the mail a few months later.

Apparently things get a little western with wounded warthogs. The guide had some pretty crazy stories dealing with them. They were not fit to eat either according to my dad. The locals didn't even eat them. lol

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
All the animals there will get western real quick if they can move. We had one warthog make it to its den so they pilled sticks and rocks on top of it and came back the next morning. They found the warthog right at the entrance dead. You have to figure that all of these animals are prey animals to the predators that are there even if the bigger ones have been shot off. They still had leopards in the area so there was still one alpha predator to keep all these animals on their toes.

My best one this trip was my baboon. I hit him at over 300 yards and he made it to a bunch of brush next to a 8' high boundary fence. My PH and tracker went over to the left side and I stayed in the middle. The baboon was making his way to the right when I saw him. He came to the first fence pole and was headed up it when I took a 20 yard shot. When I hit him it blew him through a hole in the fence and it was all over.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy