General Elk

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Just curious, does anyone have any predictions on how many PPs it will take to draw the different regions. I am assuming that the South region would draw the most applicants but I may be way off.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
will this be in effect for 2024?
while we were hunting this year i talked with a game warden and he wasn't sure when it will go in to effect.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
will this be in effect for 2024?
while we were hunting this year i talked with a game warden and he wasn't sure when it will go in to effect.
Yes, for this coming season (2024).

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The dynamics of the various regions is what is going to be interesting to navigate. The East has the "least" and the weakest access to public land on the general hunts. The West will likely have the highest demand due to the most public land, but it also has the highest allocation of tags. It is going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Reactions: Maxhunter

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I believe the higher prices special, with increased tags in that, goes into effect for 2024 as well. If a guy doesn't mind spending 2k, guessing those odds will be pretty decent for all regions. Of course, that will drive point creep for the lower priced regular general tags. I'll apply in the regular but likely my only chance will be random as I only have a few points.

bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
I believe the higher prices special, with increased tags in that, goes into effect for 2024 as well. If a guy doesn't mind spending 2k, guessing those odds will be pretty decent for all regions. Of course, that will drive point creep for the lower priced regular general tags. I'll apply in the regular but likely my only chance will be random as I only have a few points.
Increased tags in the special? I thought that stayed the same? Isn't it still 40% special, 60% regular?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Increased tags in the special? I thought that stayed the same? Isn't it still 40% special, 60% regular?
The special tag increased to just over 2k with the credit card fee. Not sure on the %. 50/50 was discussed but not sure if that part went through?