Alaskan blacktail charter hunt

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Hey all, me and some buddies are looking into doing a blacktail charter hunt around Kodiak. Was hoping for some input on some transporters if you have used them? I got a few in mind, just hoping for some input from experience! Thanks

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
We went with Ninilchik Charters last year for a boat based type trip. Not sure what kind of specifics you may be looking for? Food was good, lot of rock fish were caught, most of the deer tags were filled. and I think 3-4 4pts were brought back off that trip. Foxtail lodge gets a lot of positive reviews for a lodge based trip that still takes you out on boats also.

Reactions: gonhunting247

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
They are one of the charters on my list. What time of year did you go? Did you guys see a lot of deer, besides what you put tags on? I’ve heard good things about that charter service. Seemed like a good guy when I spoke with him on the phone as well.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
We went in November. Seen plenty of deer daily (IMO over 20) except 1 day that was quite windy steady 40+ with rain showers. really might have been just as good we just couldn't glass as well. Captain had good attitude and knowledge of the vessel and the landscape. put us in calm waters to sleep at night too! Deckhand was solid and good cook, plenty of food, did not go out hunting hungry and slept with full belly. on board freezer for meat. Another coworker went the following week on same boat and was happy with them as well. he did get a much bigger buck than anyone on our trip got, but they were not seeing as many deer either??
If want to talk more about them feel free to PM contact info.