Page 250 of 273 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2721

Thread: Who else is...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 162 Times in 91 Posts

Tuesday
    Got out of work at 9pm got home and went for a run. 90 prrcent humidity and hot made it for a hard run. And add one of the bigger hills to my run tonight. I decided to go for a shorter run since i work at 6am and want to get a decent amount of sleep so did 3.1 miles. Was dragging by the end with the humidity. Little over 30 mins. Hard to believe first week of may i ran that 5k and got a little over 26 mins. Amazing what having a month off does. But im getting back to my running 3 times a week. Going to try and make my run Thursday a longer run.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Oh and my 4th 5k of the year is a week and a half away. So hopefully i get a little bit of that time off. Races are in the morning so that helps knock some time off since im not tired from work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 133 Times in 43 Posts
    The heat/humidity are killers Marcus. I'm sure you are improving, its just masked under the conditions. I bet you'll be surprised at your next 5k time compared to your weekly exercise runs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is some serious heat! I complain about running in 85-90!

Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    I don't know that I'm quite ready for that hike just yet. If I saw big enough antlers I'd find out!

I walked just under 3 miles through the hills tonight. I didn't want to, but I baled hay for about 14 hours today and didn't get much exercise doing that so I figured I needed to get something done. I was afraid if I went in the house to change clothes and boots I'd stay in the house so I just walked it in my cowboy boots and jeans. I was reminded that I hate hiking and climbing logs in sweaty jeans after using the Sitka and Kryptek pants with the stretch. I packed my gallon Yeti water jug along I had in the tractor with me. Dad went to town after swather parts today and the bank's sign said it was 110 degrees.

Haying with an air conditioned tractor is a nice job to be doing in this weather. I just need to be sure I stay on top of conditioning 4 or 5 days a week despite the heat. I listen to a lot of hunting podcasts plugging my phone into the tractor radio's AUX jack while haying where I get signal. It really helps me stay motivated to hike in the heat after a long day if I listen to those podcasts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Tuesday:

Changing up my routine since the shoulder is feeling better so I've got a 'possibles' day.

So, I did an Extensive ab workout, shot my bow, and practiced my mouth calls. All are possible to assist me in killing my first elk this year!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 126 Times in 32 Posts
    4.5 mile hike one way. Saw cow calf group totaling 35 head. One two bull bachelor group and one 5 bull bachelor group. I'm still hurting from the other day however ......the animals made it worth the while.....will post a thread of pics in a few days .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 94 Times in 17 Posts
    Great job everyone. I would love to be able to see elk on my walks. I jumped about an ears wide whitetail last night, that was as close as I got. I took tonight off, I have a small hotspot on one foot from my walking in cowboy boots last night. I won't repeat that one anytime soon, I had on my old boots with worn out insoles. I will put some tape over it tomorrow and get back after it. Today was as hot as yesterday but tomorrow a front is hopefully bringing us some rain. Should be cooler so I can get some good hikes in for the rest of the week and weekend.

My Exo pack should ship this week or early next. I'm excited to see how it handles the weight compared to the Eberlestock I've been using. I want to get it all set right and dialed in while conditioning.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I did a 5mi run in 90 degrees and 95+ humidity. It was brutal, but nothing compared to the western heat wave.
    Surprisingly had a decent time considering (42 mins).

Only 1 doe whitetail was spotted during my outing.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wednesday
    Recumbent bike 41 mins cross training setting 15 miles

Got a 6lb medicine ball brand new in box from a garage sale for $10.

So did 15 mins of ab workouts with it and then did 10 more mins of ab workouts on the stibility ball. Rode the bike and then lifted.

Bench press, military press, bicep curls, bent row
    3 sets 10 65lbs

Tricep press, chest fly, dumbell punchs

3 sets 10 20lbs

18. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 94 Times in 17 Posts
    I walked last night and again this morning 2.5 miles with a 70lb pack. Took a different route and saw some new country, the first half is all uphill and the second is all downhill. I did a lot of sidehilling on the downhill to help with the ankles. Trekking poles sure help there. Monday and Tuesday I'll be working cattle and horseback or walking all day so I'm going to count that as my work out. I tried the Darn Tough full cushion boot socks the last two walks and really like them packing the weight, feet feel great. As was mentioned, the heat sucks! Maybe it will help my belly melt.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Page 250 of 273 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast