Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We use a Tigoat 7.5 tent with a liteoutdoors titanium stove, great to have a stove when snow falls night, we also use house wrap under our sleeping bags

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tigoat tent 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	20443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tigoat tent 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	20443

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta Hunter For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 710 Times in 118 Posts
    I think I’ll stick to floored shelters. Something about the possibly of snakes and other critters getting into my bag freaks me out a bit.
    ... because every picture tells a story

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I think I’ll stick to floored shelters. Something about the possibly of snakes and other critters getting into my bag freaks me out a bit.
    That's 1 thing we don't need to worry about, just Grizzlies

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I think I?ll stick to floored shelters. Something about the possibly of snakes and other critters getting into my bag freaks me out a bit.
    Get a nest!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 128 Times in 22 Posts
    I have used a Kifaru Paratarp and Megatarp a lot in the summer months fishing. I used the Megatarp for a week long Canada fishing trip too. I had a Seek Outside bathtub floor I used that trip in it and I rigged up a military bug nest to fit. I had a canoe to carry the weight a lot of the time that trip, although there were some portages. Still I could afford more weight than if I was backpacking and I didn't have much elevation change to make it more work. I stayed comfortable and dry the whole week while most of the other guys with regular tents had leaks during the rains we got several times. To be fair none of their tents were by as high quality brands as Kifaru. I have a Parastove with 2 length pipes so I can use it with either tarp and annexes for both. The Megatarp gets used almost exclusively since the weights are not that far apart. The Paratarp is big enough for one and gear, but the Mega is much roomier.

This summer we bought an 8 man Seek Outside tipi for hunting trips. It could be packed in for backpacking but with it weighing 12lbs with the stove and half floor I don't see us doing that to much. I usually only hunt with one other guy, if 3 of us went it would make more sense. We used it this October in Wyoming as a base camp and were very happy with it. We wanted something like this so we can set up a small but comfortable base camp from the UTV in places we really wouldn't want to have a truck and UTV trailer. Some hunts with snow likely I'd much rather have to worry about getting only the UTV out to a main road than everything. We can have it set up or torn down in 20 minutes, less in soft ground. It lets us stay pretty mobile too if we decide to move camp.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,242 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 155 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    I have used a Kifaru Paratarp and Megatarp a lot in the summer months fishing. I used the Megatarp for a week long Canada fishing trip too. I had a Seek Outside bathtub floor I used that trip in it and I rigged up a military bug nest to fit. I had a canoe to carry the weight a lot of the time that trip, although there were some portages. Still I could afford more weight than if I was backpacking and I didn't have much elevation change to make it more work. I stayed comfortable and dry the whole week while most of the other guys with regular tents had leaks during the rains we got several times. To be fair none of their tents were by as high quality brands as Kifaru. I have a Parastove with 2 length pipes so I can use it with either tarp and annexes for both. The Megatarp gets used almost exclusively since the weights are not that far apart. The Paratarp is big enough for one and gear, but the Mega is much roomier.

This summer we bought an 8 man Seek Outside tipi for hunting trips. It could be packed in for backpacking but with it weighing 12lbs with the stove and half floor I don't see us doing that to much. I usually only hunt with one other guy, if 3 of us went it would make more sense. We used it this October in Wyoming as a base camp and were very happy with it. We wanted something like this so we can set up a small but comfortable base camp from the UTV in places we really wouldn't want to have a truck and UTV trailer. Some hunts with snow likely I'd much rather have to worry about getting only the UTV out to a main road than everything. We can have it set up or torn down in 20 minutes, less in soft ground. It lets us stay pretty mobile too if we decide to move camp.
    Lots of advantages to the set up.
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 710 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post

That sounds like a great set up.
    ... because every picture tells a story

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345