Thread: Archery tackle

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Archery tackle

Just curious what type of set-up people are using for moose, such as draw weight, arrow weight, broadheads, and etc. I've got enough pref points to get a Bighorns tag in the next year or two and just wanted to start talking moose.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 55 Times in 12 Posts
    whatever you are using for elk should be fine for moose, 340 400 arrow 100 g heads, looking forward to hear a set up from someone that's actually done it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 1 Post

Shot my shiras 4 years ago, I was using 100gr shuttle T's on 300 acc pro hunters. I had an alpha max set at 78 lbs. You don't need a lot of draw weight though. The next year a co-worker got his wife in on a moose and she folded him up pulling 45 lbs. My personal preference is a strong, sharp, durable broadhead and an arrow that's a minimum of 410gr. My arrow on that moose was 442gr. Like ivorytip said, whatever you use for elk will work. You don't have to have a setup to kill a tank. Just make sure its durable and your confident that it will hit where you need it to. I know shoot 70lbs with injections and an exodus broadhead and I think it performs better than the setup I had for moose. Id be glad to answer any other questions you have....good luck on getting a tag, its addicting.