Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 89
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 335 Times in 169 Posts
    Congratulations
    29
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I would love to do a timberline hunt for mulies sometime. Is CO still the best state for that do you think?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua, Oregon
    Posts
    3,010
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 760 Times in 471 Posts
    Congratulations
    193
    Congratulated 143 Times in 20 Posts
    We are now the proud owners of three useless 2013 annual fishing licenses ($55 each) to avoid the preference point fee.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 73 Times in 6 Posts
    As I see it since I only apply for deer it will only cost me 15 more per year to apply . Is this right or am I missing something?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    6,267
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 802 Posts
    Congratulations
    445
    Congratulated 119 Times in 33 Posts
    It looks like you have to buy the $10 habitat stamp and a $40 deer point. There is also a $3 app fees. It looks to me that a point for deer only will cost a total of $53 with the habitat stamp. The fishing license is $56. Here is the link to the 14 regs.

    http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteColl...me/biggame.pdf
    Last edited by Musket Man; 02-07-2014 at 04:00 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 161 Times in 123 Posts
    Congratulations
    12
    Congratulated 10 Times in 3 Posts
    ell, if it'll weed out some non rezi's, I'm all for it...
    Yea, but where does it stop?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 50 Times in 36 Posts
    Congratulations
    6
    Congratulated 78 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    I would love to do a timberline hunt for mulies sometime. Is CO still the best state for that do you think?
    Absolutely, of course I'm a little biased since I was born and raised here. Wyoming is another good high country mulie state but a lot of their alpine areas lie within the wilderness and you need a guide to hunt there.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lodi wi
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    7
    Congratulated 26 Times in 5 Posts
    Not sure I'm understanding this right, if I buy a fishing license as a non resident I don't have to pay for my preference points?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 152 Times in 107 Posts
    Congratulations
    7
    Congratulated 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwipp View Post
    Not sure I'm understanding this right, if I buy a fishing license as a non resident I don't have to pay for my preference points?
    That's kind of what it looks like but makes absolutely no sense. What say you UH?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    6,267
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 802 Posts
    Congratulations
    445
    Congratulated 119 Times in 33 Posts
    If you had a hunting or fishing license the year before you do not have to pay for the point. The annual fishing license is the best to buy to avoid the point fee because at $56 it is the cheapest and its good for a full year starting on 4/1 so you could still but one rightnow and avoid the point fee for this application season. If you are only getting points for 1 species in CO paying for the point is cheaper. If you are getting points for more then one the fishing license will save you some money.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 152 Times in 107 Posts
    Congratulations
    7
    Congratulated 6 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    If you had a hunting or fishing license the year before you do not have to pay for the point. The annual fishing license is the best to buy to avoid the point fee because at $56 it is the cheapest and its good for a full year starting on 4/1 so you could still but one rightnow and avoid the point fee for this application season. If you are only getting points for 1 species in CO paying for the point is cheaper. If you are getting points for more then one the fishing license will save you some money.
    Hmmmmm, so how did they came up with that idea? Regardless, thanks for the info!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Best non lead bullet
    By Drhorsepower in forum Guns, Muzzleloaders and Ammo
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:06 PM
  2. California Anti Lead Proposal
    By packer58 in forum California
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 03:33 PM
  3. Colorado's Loss, Wyoming's Gain??
    By birdhunter in forum Wyoming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •