Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pronghorn Taxidermy

Anticipating an 80" speed goat falls to my bullet this fall...

Who do you all recommend for high end pronghorn taxidermy?

My local taxidermist who did my last antelope is no longer taking new work I believe.
    Just exploring new options...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 181 Times in 21 Posts
    Masterpiece Taxidermy - Blue Hill Nebraska. World champion taxidermist- nobody touches my mounts but him. I will post pics Monday of my recent antelope he just finished. Todd is just plain amazing in my opinion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's he charge??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 16 Posts
    Where u hunting exactly and where will u be traveling back to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 1 Post
    I use Nature Design in Cody WY. They have done a great job on two of my goats. Not a lot of antelope in my home state so I use them. I like to use a taxidermist that mounts a lot of pronghorn. Most large outfits you can ship to and will have instructions on the web so location is a non factor except for shipping. My local taxidermist do great on deer but don't see many pronghorn. There hide and hair are much different than deer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00BUCK View Post
    I use Nature Design in Cody WY. They have done a great job on two of my goats. Not a lot of antelope in my home state so I use them. I like to use a taxidermist that mounts a lot of pronghorn. Most large outfits you can ship to and will have instructions on the web so location is a non factor except for shipping. My local taxidermist do great on deer but don't see many pronghorn. There hide and hair are much different than deer
    If u have a good knowledgeable taxidermist it shouldn't be a problem, emphasis on good and knowledgeable. However, you should always talk with your local taxidermist to make sure they even want to do it.

Mounting a mammal game head is the same process practically across the board, having the proper reference and knowing how to read it is the only difference.

I have seen John Longs work in Buffalo WY and it looks great. Bill Fox in Helper UT is good as well, though I havent seen any goats he has done his deer look great.

Its best to line one up before you go. That way they can tell you what they want you to do with it. Some say skin it and others say bring the whole thing if possible. Do you want a pedestal, full body, standard shoulder, etc. All important things to consider before you pull the trigger.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 6 Posts
    Living legends in Casper WY does a really good job.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 7 Posts
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would definitely have you call and get photos from different taxidermist. My father shot a beautiful buck back in the 80's and that mount is still the standard for me. I haven't seen much better, but I have seen a lot worse. Everybody likes things a certain way. There are a lot of mounts now that really emphasize the muscles in the face, and go way to far for me. I think taxidermy is a very personal thing. Find the taxidermist that does work that appeals to you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 11 Posts
    Dennis Purcell has my business. He's in Montana between Roberts and Red Lodge.

Nature's Design in Cody also seems to do a pretty good job.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    If u have a good knowledgeable taxidermist it shouldn't be a problem, emphasis on good and knowledgeable. However, you should always talk with your local taxidermist to make sure they even want to do it.

Mounting a mammal game head is the same process practically across the board, having the proper reference and knowing how to read it is the only difference.

I have seen John Longs work in Buffalo WY and it looks great. Bill Fox in Helper UT is good as well, though I havent seen any goats he has done his deer look great.

Its best to line one up before you go. That way they can tell you what they want you to do with it. Some say skin it and others say bring the whole thing if possible. Do you want a pedestal, full body, standard shoulder, etc. All important things to consider before you pull the trigger.

Correct, it should not be a problem, but I have seen great deer taxidermist butcher pronghorn mounts. Only one way to find out.