Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

So, I installed a G5 1/4" peep and all has gone well. In the past with other peeps I felt I lost lots of visability but with this one I don't feel I have. I have been shooting a few times and they only time it bothers me is when the sun is in my eyes. I may even go down to the 3/16" in the near future. And yes, I have definitely noticed better accuracy at 40+ yards. Maybe its here to stay on my bow string.

Thanks all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    x2 on going with the peep WITHOUT the rubber alignment tube. After having one break while drawing on a deer and a turkey in the same year I have now switched with no regret.
    What's the trick to keep the peep from twisting? I'm having issues with the string getting in the way of my sightline to pins.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good strings don't twist when you draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 4 Posts
    Agree with wapiti. The only other thing is to make sure your d loop is in line with the peep. My peep always faces the same whether at rest or full draw.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Mine has always twisted just a little. What I do and recommended by a shop I really respect is keep my peep and release loop in line with each other. Every time I draw the peep comes into perfect alignment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm having issues with my peep not lining up when I draw, and the issue is my d-loop is not aligned correctly. Anybody have any good tutorials on retying a d-loop? Ideally I'd like to simple loosen it and move it, but I can't get the knots to cooperate. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to this so any help is appreciated. I'm hoping to avoid taking it to a shop.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siwulat View Post
    I'm having issues with my peep not lining up when I draw, and the issue is my d-loop is not aligned correctly. Anybody have any good tutorials on retying a d-loop? Ideally I'd like to simple loosen it and move it, but I can't get the knots to cooperate. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to this so any help is appreciated. I'm hoping to avoid taking it to a shop.
    Your best bet is to tie a new one, you risk separating your serving trying to loosen and move your old one. Make sure you tie the upper and lower knots in opposite directions. I don't have any specific tutorials but YouTube will have good videos.

Here is a great article for someone new to archery tuning like yourself, should definitely help you out.
    http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-0...-bow-diy-style
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for that website, very helpful. It took me a bit to figure out the cinch knot but I got it. D-loop fixed...DIY style. Not a huge deal but for a total novice I was excited lol. Thanks again

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Grab the serving with needle nose pliers and simply twist the loop, then use the pliers to tighten the bejeezus outta the loop. Rotate string to get the peep/loop combo to line up correctly. Bottom string loop 1/2 twist is usually 1/4 turn on the peep. Top string loop is 1/3 or so.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 126 Times in 29 Posts

After I have my peep right and served in I take a can of flat black spray paint and lightly dust the peep with it. This will eliminate any glare.
    DIY Public land Elk hunts are not for everyone but everyone should try it at least once in their lifetime. And for all those younger guys that say I don't have the time, I don't have the money, I'm out of shape or I don't have the experience to do a trip. I only have a few things to say. Take the time to make a experience, Save the money to make the trip, Get in shape so you will enjoy the hunt and the only way to get the experience is to go and make it happen. Hunt on Mark!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post: