Eastmans.com 2013 Forum Story/Photo Contest-
Submit your BEST 2013 DIY public land elk, deer, or antelope single best photo and hunt story in 500 words or less to the forum. You only get one story, and one photo, not one story per species. The winners will be chosen by you, our forum members and the winning story for each species will be published in an upcoming issue of EBJ or EHJ!
Here are the rules:
1. The elk, deer, or antelope hunt must be a 2013 DIY public land hunt. Paid or guided hunts do not qualify. You may hunt with friends or family but the elk, deer, or antelope must be taken by an EBJ or EHJ subscription holder and forum member during either the 2013 archery or rifle season.
2. This is not a biggest horn contest. It is a contest for the best write-up and field photo combo on your 2013 DIY public land hunt.
3. You must be an active EBJ or EHJ subscriber and eastmans.com forum member by the end of the day August 31st, 2013. No exceptions.
4. All entries, with photographs and your subscription number must be submitted on the thread titled, “2013 EBJ-EHJ Elk, Deer, and Antelope Contest.”
5. All entries with their single photo must be submitted by midnight, January 10, 2014.
6. Voting will be done by eastmans.com Forum members and will be conducted over a two-week period starting January 11, 2014 and ending midnight, January 25, 2014.
7. Forum members will be allowed one vote and may use only one forum name.
8. Once the votes are tallied the winner will be announced and PM’d with instructions for submitting the winning story to the Eastmans’ Powell, Wyoming office.
9. In case of a tie there will be a runoff between the tied entries. Dates will be announced at a later time.
Stories may not have been submitted to any Eastmans’ publication or published in an Eastmans’ magazine. Eastmans’ Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any story for publication consideration.
Thanks everyone. We can't wait to see your hunts and read your awesome stories this year! The lucky three winners will also receive the below prize package.
Also everyone NO cell phone photos will be accepted! Use a good high quality digital camera. Even tho cell phone photos look great on your computer and devices they are still not good enough to be blown up on a full page of the magazine.
Good luck to all of you!
Antelope Story - Speed Goat Special package
1 - Hunting Trophy Antelope book
1 - EHJ blaze hat
2 - DVDs: Antelope Safari 2 & 3
1 - Havalon Knife (addition to package to more closely match the Mule Deer package)
Mule Deer Story - Mulie Madness Collection Package
2 - Books: Hunting High Country Mule Deer & Mule Deer Hunting Tactics
1 - EHJ orange hat
2 - DVDs: High & Low in Mule Deer Country & Destination Mule Deer
1 - Grey Ghost 272
Due to the already running ELk contest there will not be a prize package for Elk. Enter your Elk story and and photos there to win the Ivory Ring.