Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 236 Times in 203 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 54 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Ya no tongue in pics. The trick is that if the animals mouth stays open when your holding it up for a photo or tongue is sticking out. Put the tongue back it its mouth or cut it off. Lay his head on the ground keeping his mouth closed for about 15-20 min and the rigs will set in and keep it closed. It will also tighten up the lips too so you won't see and teeth.
    Better yet take a clear material and sew the mouth shut. I know who does this and makes the pic fantastic.


    Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    1,504
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 368 Times in 267 Posts
    Congratulations
    15
    Congratulated 78 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    There are 4341 forum members and 98,900 EBH and EBJ subscribers.
    Nearly 100k subscribers surprises me, I didn't expect it to be that high.. With 100k members, Eastmans could really sway the odds of units they like.

    My worst nightmare is having my unit show up as a blue chipper in next years mag.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    1,209
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,046 Posts
    Congratulations
    249
    Congratulated 305 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post

    My worst nightmare is having my unit show up as a blue chipper in next years mag.
    I can appreciate that, my favorite Antelope unit in Wy showed up as a blue chip a couple of years ago!!!!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    6,467
    Thanks
    1,980
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 868 Posts
    Congratulations
    511
    Congratulated 176 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Ya no tongue in pics. The trick is that if the animals mouth stays open when your holding it up for a photo or tongue is sticking out. Put the tongue back it its mouth or cut it off. Lay his head on the ground keeping his mouth closed for about 15-20 min and the rigs will set in and keep it closed. It will also tighten up the lips too so you won't see and teeth.
    Good advise for the next 1 but its a little late for this time. I would of put it back in and gone back to get the tripod to put the camera on and got better pics if I had thought about it but as I said I was a bit excited at the time
    What about blood? Is it best to move your animal to a clean spot, clean it off their mouth ect? Was just looking at my pics again and noticed on my antelope the blood is really showing up in the snow and my deer has blood all over his chin.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 06-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    1,209
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,046 Posts
    Congratulations
    249
    Congratulated 305 Times in 80 Posts
    Wonder if they'll publish a story of a hunt where you got skunked and came home to eat tag soup?
    Well written and lots a pictures, just no dead animals!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    6,467
    Thanks
    1,980
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 868 Posts
    Congratulations
    511
    Congratulated 176 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Wonder if they'll publish a story of a hunt where you got skunked and came home to eat tag soup?
    Well written and lots a pictures, just no dead animals!
    We could all relate to that kinda story!

  7. #27
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,038
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Congratulations
    674
    Congratulated 681 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Good advise for the next 1 but its a little late for this time. I would of put it back in and gone back to get the tripod to put the camera on and got better pics if I had thought about it but as I said I was a bit excited at the time
    What about blood? Is it best to move your animal to a clean spot, clean it off their mouth ect? Was just looking at my pics again and noticed on my antelope the blood is really showing up in the snow and my deer has blood all over his chin.
    I carry wet wipes with me for a few reasons. One is to clean blood from the mouth and nose also bullet wounds. I normally will drag a animal to a better spot to set up shots so there is no blood on the ground. Do the best you can. They can edit blood from pics pretty easy.
    ... because every picture tells a story

  8. #28
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,038
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Congratulations
    674
    Congratulated 681 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Wonder if they'll publish a story of a hunt where you got skunked and came home to eat tag soup?
    Well written and lots a pictures, just no dead animals!
    I would say that they wouldn't. Seems like we would see one from time to time but I haven't.
    ... because every picture tells a story

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    1,209
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,046 Posts
    Congratulations
    249
    Congratulated 305 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I would say that they wouldn't. Seems like we would see one from time to time but I haven't.
    My comment/question was made tongue in cheek!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  10. #30
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    7,038
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Congratulations
    674
    Congratulated 681 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    My comment/question was made tongue in cheek!!!
    Hahhahha ha good one!
    ... because every picture tells a story

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New to Forum
    By MAD DUCK in forum New Members Introduction
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 07:17 PM
  2. new to forum
    By EZ7 in forum Colorado
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 03:41 PM
  3. New to the Forum
    By bighorn574 in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
  4. New to Forum
    By Lovinmydobies in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 10:10 AM
  5. Picture from my 2001 Submission
    By ChadH in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •