I have a gun that I acquired some time back that has a crack in the stock extending from the butt plate, about an inch in from the toe, in about 6 or 8" inches towards the grip area. It's a wood stock and the grain seems such that the "piece" is held pretty firmly on the grip end. It's an older crack and the wood has shifted and lifted some, so the crack is more than a hairline.

My question is what type of glue do you use, or would you recommend using, to fix a crack like this? I'm thinking of using a pin also?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.