Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum but not new to hunting. I've been applying for Elk and deer for a couple of years in Oregon trying to build points for the future and I was just wondering if you burn your points by getting a centerfire western deer permit. I know you can get those every year without drawing so I was just curious. I love hunting big Mulies but those blacktails look fun (and tough) to hunt as well. Just wondering what my options were without having to pour over the regulations booklet.

Thanks in advance