Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Nasty New Virus

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    4,681
    Thanks
    1,131
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 986 Posts
    Congratulations
    207
    Congratulated 297 Times in 75 Posts

    Nasty New Virus

    Just got my computer back after having a really nasty new virus get into it. Have no idea where it came from. Its been called the FBI virus and none of the firewalls or protection programs can stop it. Really frustrating. Blocks your computer and asks for $300.00 from a credit card to unlock it.....fat chance! Hope no one else has any experience with it!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Laramie WY
    Posts
    881
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 191 Times in 141 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 67 Times in 10 Posts
    I had this last week. I was able to get rid of it. I just searched on my smartphone and there was some links to ways to try and get rid of it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    1,457
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 338 Times in 249 Posts
    Congratulations
    13
    Congratulated 63 Times in 17 Posts
    I assumed from the title, that you were suffering from a bout of Spring Fever...

    Seriously though, computer viruses are the worst.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    4,681
    Thanks
    1,131
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 986 Posts
    Congratulations
    207
    Congratulated 297 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I assumed from the title, that you were suffering from a bout of Spring Fever...
    I wish!!!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    6,495
    Thanks
    2,391
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 918 Posts
    Congratulations
    561
    Congratulated 472 Times in 88 Posts
    I use all Apple products now. Never seem to have viruses of them. I have in the passed had a few tho on PCs that ran Windows. A real drag that's for sure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    880
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 179 Times in 123 Posts
    Congratulations
    17
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Just got my computer back after having a really nasty new virus get into it. Have no idea where it came from. Its been called the FBI virus and none of the firewalls or protection programs can stop it. Really frustrating. Blocks your computer and asks for $300.00 from a credit card to unlock it.....fat chance! Hope no one else has any experience with it!!!
    Gosh that sounds like a big pain in the %$$. Glad your back up and running now CC. I was thinking you were out on a vacation or on a trip all this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I use all Apple products now. Never seem to have viruses of them. I have in the passed had a few tho on PCs that ran Windows. A real drag that's for sure.
    I've had hard drives crash or die on me over time. No viruses for me either. Viruses have not shut me down to my knowledge yet. Never had anything other than a Mac though either since 1987.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 04-03-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua, Oregon
    Posts
    3,284
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 892 Times in 558 Posts
    Congratulations
    291
    Congratulated 245 Times in 34 Posts
    Mac....Mac......Mac!! I don't even know where the "on" switch is on a PC

    It is a well known fact that guys that use Macs draw more tags

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Carlin, NV
    Posts
    993
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 199 Times in 179 Posts
    Congratulations
    342
    Congratulated 101 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Mac....Mac......Mac!! I don't even know where the "on" switch is on a PC

    It is a well known fact that guys that use Macs draw more tags
    You just boosted Mac sells by 300%!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua, Oregon
    Posts
    3,284
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 892 Times in 558 Posts
    Congratulations
    291
    Congratulated 245 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    You just boosted Mac sells by 300%!!!
    Yes...it has something to do with how your application is encoded with its random draw number, and when you apply for hunts using a Mac, statistically you are assigned a more favorable draw number.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 240 Times in 166 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 109 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssliger View Post
    I had this last week. I was able to get rid of it. I just searched on my smartphone and there was some links to ways to try and get rid of it.
    +1 took a couple tries, finally got rid of it.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •