Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dakotas Elk Draw/ Eastern States Elk Draw

Click Here!

I'm 23 and have set a goal for myself that I want to take an elk in every US state that has a NR season. That being said, I know that I have to start the process of building points now as many states may take upwards of 20 years to draw. I've found good info for the western states, but can't find much info about the Dakotas or the eastern elk states.
    Does anyone have info about the NR draw process for the Dakotas? Points system, realistic chance of drawing, etc.?

What about any of the Eastern states(OK, Arkansas, Kentucky, Pennsylvania) or any other states that I may be unaware have nonresident elk tags.

I'm just looking for the info to start building points where I need to build them in order to try to complete "the list"!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 6 Posts
    Kentucky and Tennessee are a straight draw. Like 10 per draw for Kentucky. Don't know how much Tennessee is but there are very slim pickings for tags. Best bet for both states is just put in. NO PP system. Like quarter tags in KY are for NR and Tennessee there are no tags allocated for residents. Its all random

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 10 Posts
    South Dakota does not give out non resident elk tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge react pro 7 pin sight, qad hdx rest, axion 4 in stabilizer, 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, rocket hammerhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 200 Times in 44 Posts
    once these states see the money NR generate when heards get bigger, more options will open. I think its awesome some states offer to res hunters though

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 8 Posts
    Pennsylvania is a straight up draw. Here is the game commission's website. http://www.pgc.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx. I'm not sure how much to apply for a nonresident, not much. Resident is $10.70. For each year you don't draw, you gain a preference point and have that many chances the next time you apply, plus the one at the time you are applying. I think you keep your points for a couple years if you don't apply. There are 12 zones for hunting and the license apps are broken down as you can apply for antlered, antlerless, and either sex. There are a lot of areas with plenty of public ground. The elk territory is in the Northcentral part of the state. Hardest thing is getting drawn for a tag. I'd say the success rate is around 80% every year. You still have time to apply this year, I think the last day to apply is July 31st or around that time frame.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 6 Posts

Click Here!

North Dakota does not give out any NR tags for elk or antelope.