Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 309 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE69 View Post
    Spray foam is best option as it has highest insulation value per inch and higher psi compressive strength. If you decide use foam board in walls or ceiling, use pink or blue high density foam board and stay away from polystyrene board. Polystyrene has less insulation value and breaks down quicker.
    Just got back from Home Depot in Durango.....all they had was polystyrene in 1 or 2". Had some of the pink stuff, but 3" thick, which is way too thick.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 703 Times in 115 Posts
    We use 4” thick of the pink or blue for walkin coolers and freezers.
    ... because every picture tells a story

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 80 Times in 20 Posts
    anybody out there know the "r-value" of standard 1" and 1 1/2" white styrene? vs r-value of the pink board? pink was more spendy,but maybe I should return the "white" type back to home depot before I get very far?was thinking of glueing the 1" to the bottom of the trailer floor between the frame cross members,,not sure if that would retain them or if id need to install possibly a sheetmetal type of retainer from undernieth for the floor?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 10 Posts
    expanded polystyrene is about R4, extruded polystyrene (blue, pink or green) is R5, ISO board is R6.5, 2 lb Spray foam is R7. That is all per 1 inch of thickness.
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ore hunter View Post
    anybody out there know the "r-value" of standard 1" and 1 1/2" white styrene? vs r-value of the pink board? pink was more spendy,but maybe I should return the "white" type back to home depot before I get very far?was thinking of glueing the 1" to the bottom of the trailer floor between the frame cross members,,not sure if that would retain them or if id need to install possibly a sheetmetal type of retainer from undernieth for the floor?
    Have you considered just not insulating it and throwing a cheap rug in there. We were all about insulating the bottom of the trailer until I saw a few builds where people just threw carpet down to keep some of the heat in. With a Mr buddy heater in the mornings and evenings it worked great. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My latest addition, on demand propane hot water heater. Put it together for a desert sheep hunt i helped a buddy on in central Nevada. A nice shower every 2 or 3 days sure was nice.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camp Shower.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	20366

Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 309 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    My latest addition, on demand propane hot water heater. Put it together for a desert sheep hunt i helped a buddy on in central Nevada. A nice shower every 2 or 3 days sure was nice.......

WOW! That is really great, but on this years elk hunt it was down to 5 at night and usually not above freezing during the day. Not sure I want to be taking an outside shower....LOL
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 201 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post

It is nice to have a shower especially during the hot, dusty early season hunts.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 80 Times in 20 Posts
    I know that on October or later hunts ,I want to stay warm,,was +7 in Wyoming this year,,been in idaho at +2 and colder.im gonna do some sort of floor insulation,,even 1 " styro glued undernieth should help considerably..just got my heat stove ordered yesterday,,a u s stove vented 11000 btu propane unit that doesn't use that irritating blower that is in most r vs these days,,hope that will work in my 7x14,its really meant more for houses but I think it will work,wall mounts to trailer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    WOW! That is really great, but on this years elk hunt it was down to 5 at night and usually not above freezing during the day. Not sure I want to be taking an outside shower....LOL
    CC, you just gotta be quick about it !! Seriously though, it does have its limitations with extreme cold hunts.. I would worry about freezing and damaging the unit, it does have a drain plug though.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast