Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

My dream optics are a set of Docter 20-50x80 binos.https://www.eurooptic.com/docter-opt...inoculars.aspx

Or these Kowa's. https://www.binostore.com/en/binocul...CABEgLQrPD_BwE

For some reason I just see much better with 2 eyes instead of one.

As was mentioned earlier, birders give great reviews of optics IMO. Hunters can be biased to certain names and sponsors, birders don't seem to care as much about name and are really educated when it comes to optics.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HighPlainsHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 142 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Here is a comparison that another member did.

http://forum.eastmans.com/showthread...bela-s-tonight
    I'm the guy that started the thread above...

And as I've gotten older (50 now) and maybe just a little wiser, I've come to realize how impactful marketing and mass media are.

For the longest time I too wanted to get me some Swaro glass (nocs, spotter, you name it). Heck, all the guys on TV were looking through Swaro glass, and even my buddies who worked at Cabela's corporate HQ in Sidney, NE talked great things about Swaro.

But the price...

So I decided to see for myself. I knew there was little chance I would keep the Swaro, but wanted to do a side-by side comparison with my own eyes.

It's amazing how many people get on the internet and advocate for XX brand, or swear at another brand. Typically people research, then make the decision to buy without doing a side by side. If they like the product, they tell others how great that product is. If they get a lemon, or don't like the product, they bash it and move to something else. Not many do the side by side comparison.

In the end, the $350 Cabela's spotter won and will be sitting in my pack. Will it last as long as a Swaro? Probably not. But @ that price point, hell, I could buy many more and still put money in my pocket.

This is just my opinion. I was able to compare side by side and pick what I felt was the best value for my $$. The Swaro glass was excellent, don't get me wrong.

If you can do a side by side comparison, i highly encourage it. And if you really want the Swaro, then by all means, get the Swaro.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
    I'm the guy that started the thread above...

And as I've gotten older (50 now) and maybe just a little wiser, I've come to realize how impactful marketing and mass media are.

For the longest time I too wanted to get me some Swaro glass (nocs, spotter, you name it). Heck, all the guys on TV were looking through Swaro glass, and even my buddies who worked at Cabela's corporate HQ in Sidney, NE talked great things about Swaro.

But the price...

So I decided to see for myself. I knew there was little chance I would keep the Swaro, but wanted to do a side-by side comparison with my own eyes.

It's amazing how many people get on the internet and advocate for XX brand, or swear at another brand. Typically people research, then make the decision to buy without doing a side by side. If they like the product, they tell others how great that product is. If they get a lemon, or don't like the product, they bash it and move to something else. Not many do the side by side comparison.

In the end, the $350 Cabela's spotter won and will be sitting in my pack. Will it last as long as a Swaro? Probably not. But @ that price point, hell, I could buy many more and still put money in my pocket.

This is just my opinion. I was able to compare side by side and pick what I felt was the best value for my $$. The Swaro glass was excellent, don't get me wrong.

If you can do a side by side comparison, i highly encourage it. And if you really want the Swaro, then by all means, get the Swaro.
    So when you say the $350 spotter 'won', what do you mean by that statement? Are you saying the $350 spotter was better or did you feel like the #350 spotter was a better 'value'.

I have a very difficult time thinking a $350 spotter compares in any way to any top end spotter under actual field conditions / poor lighting / less than ideal sun angle / etc. Also, everyone discusses the glass/view, but everyone seems to forget the internal components and focus mechanism. Hope the $350 spotter works out well. When it comes to glass, and most things, you usually get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12