Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 143 Times in 28 Posts

I almost always hunt alone. My wife usually comes along and stays in camp (which is a comfy travel trailer). She is willing to prepare meals and help pack out the animals I shoot. Sometimes she will actually hunt but mostly she enjoys the solitude of camp, ATV rides, wildlife watching and reading. I appreciate having her close by in case of emergency. A good wife is worth more than her weight in gold!!

I gave up hunting with other guys long ago...too hard to coordinate schedules, hunting styles, levels of enthusiasm, budgets, etc.
    Don't fence me in!

2. The Following User Says Congratulations to highplainsdrifter For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 295 Times in 48 Posts
    tim McCoy

the spot is nice to send an ok message and then they can see where you are.
    My wife loves to fish, I hate the sport, she fishes alone a lot. she will send me spots. it works.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 89 Times in 19 Posts
    75% solo, 25% with friends and family. Still haven't found a hunting partner with the same style, likes/ dislikes, enthusiasim etc. I'm beginning to think it's never gonna happen. Plenty of newbies willing to tag along as long as they have the time but I'd sure like to find a knowledgeable guy to hunt with! Hunt with family once a year (they only hunt elk one week a year) and occasionally a youth I've helped out the last few years. Friends infrequently. They just don't have the desire like I do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 6 Posts
    I'd say 50-50 between alone and and with family. My good friend that went out west with me just can't hack it anymore (too many cigarettes). My ex-wife doesn't like me hunting alone; doesn't want anything to happen to that bi-weekly support check.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    I've always hunted alone since my father died, he was the only person that I enjoyed hunting with. Everybody else I've tried hunting with hasn't worked out well, most think that hunting is a foot race with the animals and they spend more time making noise than looking for elk. The other kinds of people I've had the misfortune of trying to hunt with were the type that just wasn't interested in dealing with any difficulties and they left after a day or two or when they ran out of beer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 136 Times in 11 Posts
    I hunt alone most of the time. It's hard to get some buddies to commit. Also a lot of them don't have the time off to go!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    Been out West four times. With a group, that goes yearly, three times and with my son once. I have a standing invitation to go with the group yearly but don’t due to limited time off from work. Can’t use my vacation every year hunting due to spending time with my family. I do hunt solo in my home state of Mississippi mainly bow hunting Whitetails unless one of the grands want to go.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 5 Posts
    The flexibility and lack of problems caused by others is why I usually hunt alone. While I get along well with others, I prefer to make my own decisions.
    Trying to make choices that will make others happy rarely works for me.
    Church once a week is plenty of socializing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Congratulations to kentuckyhunter For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    One aspect that hasn't been mentioned is low tag numbers for non-res. Applying as a group really reduces your draw odds in those states so we apply individually.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 162 Times in 20 Posts

Do you hunt alone?

Im very fortunate because my husband and I hunt together and our styles mesh very well. Which a lot of hunters cant say that about their spouses or even friends. But sometimes we want to hunt with other people besides ourselves and some are fantastic to have in camp while others are awful and youll never have them back.

We planned a Missouri Breaks Archery trip once with a co worker and i had to cancel last minute because of college and the kid that went with him I dont think realized how expensive the trip was going to cost. And we were only a 7 hour drive away. non stop rain caused some extra expenses like muck boots that had to be purchased and his funds were super limited. At the end of the trip it came down to being nit picky over which groceries he wanted to take home. Which was very unfortunate. Still have remained good friends with him though but definitely wont hunt with him again

My favorite hunting camp is when you invite some buds and everyone does their own thing during the day but you all return to the same camp at night. That way if someone needs help everyone is close. The social aspect is what makes hunting camp fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to missjordan For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast