Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

With that issue settled, I thank you all for your help. My next task is to figure out the "age" of some of our points. My son and I have applied sporadically for elk...looking toward a "someday hunt". We did not apply for many years, and we were out of sync with each other also. We now have 4 each. I looked at my point profile online, but it really does not seem to tell me what I need to know on the age of the oldest points....I will probably still have to call CO concerning that. They could be near the 10 years counting backward. At age 70 my time is getting shorter & I sure do not want to lose any. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    It doesn't matter the "age" of your oldest points. If you've applied for a point in the last 10 years you are good and will not lose any of them. What the regulation means is if you don't apply (for a point or tag) or hold a license for 10 consecutive years then you will lose ALL of your points for that species. You are good, just buy points for you and your son this year and you'll have 5 for next year. Or burn em this year and go hunting!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With you folks help it encouraged me to do a little more digging on my CO account profile of preference points. Reading it more carefully, and I think this is a recent addition with the new system: It lists my elk points, and then a statement of "last active year". In my case 2015. So following your info, I guess I would need to apply by 2024 or lose them all. I think I better just go hunting before then, for real.

I only hunted CO once, the 2nd elk I ever shot...a 6 pt during early muzzleloader. Hunted private land near Pagosa Springs; when the guide called that guy in and I dropped him at about 70 yds. I still remember the rush. Wanted my son to experience an elk hunt with me someday. We better get at it, from the mountains, not the armchair.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 165 Times in 38 Posts
    I know I lost all of my preference points when I was in College when they changed it to every 2 years or loose them law. That only lasted for a couple years it I recall and I believe it was meant to thin the herd....it thinned me thats for sure. I lost 3 or 4 points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 260 Times in 40 Posts

Well, I'm glad I read this. I haven't bought PP since 2013, I thought they were gone. I just logged in, on the last day, and bought points!!!
    I've got 8 for deer, and 6 for elk. I'm glad I took the time to look.
    Thanks to the OP for this thread, I'm back in it for Colorado!!!

6. The Following User Says Congratulations to go_deep For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12