Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 65 Times in 8 Posts

I think with 17 points, you could do a better unit. I would look at Plateau/Boulder Kaip., South West Desert, Book Cliffs Bitter Creek, and then Manti. In that order. South West Desert would probably be my 1 based on your criteria. Although, its a big unit and you may need some help finding where the elk are hanging out. Big bulls in the high desert.
    Last edited by Elkhunter96; 02-14-2018 at 04:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elkhunter96 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter96 View Post
    I think with 17 points, you could do a better unit. I would look at Plateau/Boulder Kaip., South West Desert, Book Cliffs Bitter Creek, and then Manti. In that order. South West Desert would probably be my 1 based on your criteria. Although, its a big unit and you may need some help finding where the elk are hanging out. Big bulls in the high desert.
    If you are okay with drawing maybe this year probably with in next 2 to 3, I would do this^^^^^ Based on last year: 2 put in with 16 points and one drew so if same max point holders put in again you will have 1 other with 17 points.

SWD has some nice bulls and lots of roads. Much better hunt and you should expect to shoot a 5x5 with some effort. I can give you info where the elk are early on SWD, but another may be able to help you find them come the hunt in Nov. I helped a friend on archery hunt 2 years ago at it was a great hunt, I saw 35 bulls in 3 days and over 200 cows.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elktaker For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12