Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 152 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    There's bad management lead to there down fall 970million in debt when other gun companies are doing fine and building better guns!
    Agree. They tried the cheap sales in big numbers plan and like other areas of industry/manufacturing ......they failed.

I have a whole safe of Remington rifles and shotguns. All older models with plenty of parts and upgrades available out h
    there to keep em shooting tight groups for a long time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    No big loss to me if they go off the map. I've owned three of their guns. Sold them all within 6 months of owning them.

Dont know why I went back for a round three...lol
    What models/years did you have ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 162 Times in 36 Posts
    I had:

Remington 1100 .410 (2006 ish model) - Sold it because it constantly Jammed (Too bad because it was a beautiful gun...killed a couple of gobblers with it in the spring season actually)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1748.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20897
    Remington Versa MAX (2008?) - Sold it because it wouldnt cycle 2-3/4" loads. (My friends worked flawlessly)
    Remington 11-87 Super MAG 12ga. (2003?) (Would not Cycle HOT crow 2-3/4" loads)

Never did care for their rifles because they didnt have a box magazine.

Having said that, I loaned my buddy 500$ for vehicle tires 10 years ago and held his 700 BDL in .270 (CHERRY CONDITION) as collateral.(I'll loan any of my friends money but only if they put something up as collateral worth more than they borrow haha) It DOES have the box magazine. It is still in my safe. I never fired it and honestly I doubt he ever did either. It has a leupold VX-2 scope on it too.... Still waiting on the 500$...lol I figure I'll give it to his son for a birthday present in 5 or 10 years when he is old enough to appreciate it. ha!
    Last edited by mallardsx2; 02-13-2018 at 01:05 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I'm not sure the 710 and 770 models were the downfall. I saw several sub moa 710s and my brother had one that was the most accurate stock rifle I ever saw. Yes they felt like u were holding a crosstie and I hated the box mags but id drop 300$ on one today if it was a 710. I have a 2005 700 cdl in 300 rum and I love it. Silky smooth and deadly! I think that a lot of manufacturers skimp on their economy models not just Remington. I think bad management with the return to a republican president is most likely the problem as mentioned. I have several new firearms from other makers that are cheap made and junky as hell. Its not just Remington.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by swampokie View Post
    I'm not sure the 710 and 770 models were the downfall. I saw several sub moa 710s and my brother had one that was the most accurate stock rifle I ever saw. Yes they felt like u were holding a crosstie and I hated the box mags but id drop 300$ on one today if it was a 710. I have a 2005 700 cdl in 300 rum and I love it. Silky smooth and deadly! I think that a lot of manufacturers skimp on their economy models not just Remington. I think bad management with the return to a republican president is most likely the problem as mentioned. I have several new firearms from other makers that are cheap made and junky as hell. Its not just Remington.
    Agree....bad management ......but how did the Republican President hurt Remington?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Trump slump! Everyone eased up on buying guns and ammo when we got a gun friendly prez.

Northern North East US ...not a masshole !
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The stories are not good, faulty triggers/safeties and so on. Like many other companies Remington forgot what made them famous. The deviation from US made products to the off shore models wasnt good. I see this as an argument that could have started with the Wall street crowd to have pushed for lower cost, higher profit and bigger volume options. Shareholder VALUE !!!

The market wanted a low cost option to the rifles and shotguns being produced by Remington... thus they gave us express models. Then the price on those went up and they started pushing the custom shop options ...
    Short term profit structure is one of the first death signals we see in any business model where mass production exists. I contend that the hunters of America would have done just fine without the lower quality Remington rifles and shotguns. We already had Marlin/Mosberg/Howa and Ruger. Ruger is doing ok but all is not well in CT/NH !!
    Also who really thinks that the consumer market has room for another 9mm +380 and 45 acp pistol .... everyone makes them why did Remington? Cerberus wanted a part of frenzy, one that peaked 3 years ago and passed !!

Gun makers who have say in what they do will continue to do well because shooters know shooters and Wall street knows who ? Not the consumers in this instance ! Arms companies managed by fund managers and the ilk will rise and fall with the Wall street wimps who place emphasis on portfolio management and politics. Wall street buying groups have thinned our options for quality sporting arms as seen with Marlin (who owns them ???) and Smith who are both taking a beating in the consumer worlds largely due to QC issues and attempts to control manufacturing costs. Who would have thought we would have to buy S&W revolvers with locks on the side plate and no firing pin on the hammer? Marlins always worked ...always now that they were purchased and moved and given new tooling and new employees on the line ..... ask what happens next !
    Its a good time to be a custom gunsmith - fixing factory issues on rifles is a good business. Custom rifles are 3k+ and take 12-16 weeks to deliver ? Re-Barrel jobs are 8-12 weeks and the good smiths have waiting lists!

Sad !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 90 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swampokie View Post
    Trump slump! Everyone eased up on buying guns and ammo when we got a gun friendly prez.
    Yes, in one years time, a Republican president played part in sinking a 200+ year old company, that had seen countless republicans before him. What kind of house of cards were they running?!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Seems as though Remington cant give away its 22 ammo now. I didn't see any for six years and now I cant get down the isle in Walmart for all the bricks falling on me!! Times change peoples attitudes and fears change with it. I don't know how much having a liberal prez influenced the survival of Remington but with the massive gun and ammo sales during Obama era couldn't hurt. Those massive sales are not happening now. That's all I was saying

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 1 Post

Cerberus Capital Management has had Remington for a long time and is to blame for this. I used to be a manager at another company controlled by Cerberus - so I can tell you first hand how it operates. Cerberus cares nothing about anything other than making money. Once a company no longer takes pride in what it does and strictly cares about what the financial report looks like for the next quarter on Wall Street - things can go bad. Remington started out as a company passionate about the outdoors and providing a quality product to the public. This was what was key to their success. Once it was taken over by bean counters chasing dollars - the heart of what made Remington successful changed - and the product deteriorated.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BKhunter50 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast